Chapter 1

Kaoru's pov age 4

Rain pelted down on my small form as I just stood there, staring at my mother's grave. I had been out here for awhile now, I didn't want to leave just yet. I didn't want to leave my kaa-san, knowing that it would be even more real that she was dead and wouldn't give me her warm smiles anymore.

I thought back to yesterday, the day when I had heard the news that my mother had died, leaving me.

~Flashback~

I sat between Sasuke and Naruto, staring boredly ahead as Iruka-sensei taught a lesson on chakra. He was interrupted mid sentence when there was a knock on the door. He walked out of the classroom to see who it was. I turned to Sasuke as I heard him call my name.

"Oi, Kaoru. You want to hang out at my house after class?"

"I don't know, I'll have to ask my kaa-san first." He nodded his head and was about to say something but was interrupted. I looked at Iruka-sensei who had a grim look on his face. "Kaoru please come here." I gave him a curious look and walked over to him and outside the classroom.

He closed the door and faced me, he seemed to think of the words he was about to say. "I...I'm sorry for what I'm about to tell you. But...your mother passed away just an hour ago."

My eyes widened and I shook my head not wanting to believe him. "Your lying..." I mumbled shaking my head. He gave a look of sympathy,"I know it's hard but-" He stopped there not knowing what to say. I kept shaking my head repeating the same sentence over and over again.

As he was about to say something I yelled at him. "YOUR LYING!" No doubt the people in the classroom had heard me, but I didn't care. I ran past the shocked Iruka and headed toward Konoha hospital. I heard him call out my name but I ignored him.

I ran all the way to the hospital, knocking people out of my way. I zoomed through the doors and ran to my mother's hospital room. The door opened with a loud bang from the force I opened it with. There on the bed was a body covered by a white sheet. I walked to the bed and pulled down the sheet with trembling hands, revealing my mothers face.

I chocked on a sob as I stared at my mothers peaceful face, her long purple hair framed her beautiful face. My knees grew grew weak and fell to the floor, holding my knees to my chest sobbing.

At the academy third person

"YOUR LYING!" The whole class silenced when they heard Kaoru yell. They soon heard Iruka call after him and reseading footsteps. Sasuke, Naruto, and Hinata looked at the door in worry, wondering what had happened.

Iruka came into the silent classroom with distressed look on his face. "Iruka-sensei what was that all about?" Questioned a random student. The others looked at their teacher also wondering what had happened.

He sighed before answereing, "Kaoru's mother had just passed away." Kaoru's three closest friends gave each other worried and sad glances. They had met met his mother before, she was a very kind and loving woman. Silently agreeing to find after class they nodded to each other.

Back to Kaoru

I was still crying when I heard footsteps come into the room, you could tell they made their footsteps audioable. The person was most likely a ninja. A pair of warm arms picked me up and held me to their chest. I didn't care that a stranger was hugging me, I just needed comfort.

It took me a few minutes to calm down to only letting out a few sniffles. I looked up to see bright blonde hair and sky blue eyes. He gave me a small smile and set me down to the floor.