{Chapter 2.}

Chapter 2: Volleyball Game

"SET UP THE BALL!" Lia screamed at the setter during the game.

There were a lot of people who came to watch the volleyball game because let's face it, our volleyball team is the best and even Lia's sister was on the team. Lia trained them hard and it's paid off, they've only lost two games this season so far.

"Watch their hitter in the front!" Lia yelled directions.

I loved watching Lia play volleyball, she was so focused and determined. Every move she did was so graceful and perfect. She was currently at the setter spot getting ready to serve at the next point.

We all cheered as we earned a point from the opponent team hitting the ball out of bounds. The girls rotated so now it was Lia's turn to serve. She grabbed the ball and walked back a nice distance away from the court.

"Let's go Lia!" I cheered.

She looked up at me and winked then went back to concentration. The whistle blew and she immediately threw the ball up high into the air. She ran up to it and jumped as her hand connected with the ball hard. It went flying across the court and the other girls tried to hit it but it hit the ground.

"Ace!" I jumped up in the air. I know so much about volleyball because sometimes that's all Lia talks about and it's actually interesting. I would've joined but I don't agree with diving onto the floor just to get a ball.

Lia smiled up at me and threw a thumbs up as she went to serve again.

"Damn, are you sure she only likes girls?" I heard someone ask.

I turned around to see Brad, one of Nathan's friends, and Nathan talking.

I rolled my eyes and turned back to the game.

"Dude she's a lesbian, stop trying to get with her."

"Come on its hard not to, she's hot especially in that uniform."

"Could you idiots shut up and stop hitting on my best friend?!" I snapped as I turned around.

"Hey Clarity, do you think you could hook me up with Lia?" Brad asked.

I cringed. "She likes girls, respect that."

I turned back and noticed Lia diving to the ground to save the ball. I winced in pain because I noticed her elbow was scraped badly.

Our girls got another point but this time the other coach called time out.

"Do you think she'll ever like you know, try the other gender, take a ride on the dick-me-down train?"

"If you don't shut the hell up about my best friend I swear I will-" I was cut off my Nathan pecking me on the lips.

"Brad, I think it's time for you to go, you're upsetting my girlfriend," He said.

Brad stood up and put his hands up in surrender.

"My fault man, just trying to get some details."

I rolled my eyes and turned back to the game, they were up 2-0 and needed to win one more set to end the game. The score was currently 18-15 with us in the lead. I looked down at the court and noticed Lia in full concentration, in position, with her hands ready. It was the other teams serve and when the ref blew the whistle everyone was ready.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I knew you guys were going to win," I said as I wrapped my arm around Lia's neck. We were all walking out the gym as the teams said "good game" and then cheered....well we cheered.

"I'm glad you let the coach put me in the game Lia," Her sister Abby smiled.

She was a 10th grader in school and was great at volleyball but the coach didn't like her because she was Lia's sister and Lia has a bad reputation with teachers.

"That old bitch better listen or she would have to say bye bye to her best player," Lia muttered.

Abby giggled and then coughed when she noticed my glare. Honestly these girl could be twins. Loud, obnoxious sometimes, didn't give two shits about anyone. Abby had longer black hair but Lia was built more and likes the same gender where as though Abby had a boyfriend who Lia liked to harass.

"Lia, this is why teachers don't like you, you can't go around calling them old bitches." I glared.

"Whatever, she's an old bitch and she knows it," I heard her mutter.

"Cecelia, can you drive me to Timothy's house?" Abby batted her eyelashes.

"Fine, only because I wanna flirt with his older sister," Lia chuckled.

"Clarity, I'll meet you and microscopical genitalia at your house after I drop my sister off." Lia smirked.

We all walked out the school and parted ways as Lia went to get car and I went to Nathan's. I thought about what Lia said and couldn't stop myself from laughing uncontrollably.

We got into the car and I kept laughing until tears were coming out of my eyes, I didn't understand why I thought it was so funny, probably because Nathan paid no mind.

"Why are you laughing?" Nathan questioned.

"L-Lia ca-l-led you m-microscopical g-genitalia," I struggled to get out.

"So, what does that mean?"

"She called you little dick!" I screeched.

Nathan looked at me with shock and embarrassment. Looks like someone didn't pay attention in biology.