Part 78

From: Bailey Garver >

To: Lucas Garver >

_____________________________________________

Ate a Twinkie and pretended it was wedding cake

December 11, 2013 at 6:33 AM

____________________________________________

Dear Lucas,

How's our honeymoon going? I'm more of a tropical kind of girl. Tell Pines thank you for filling in for me.

I'm so glad you made it there safe and that you feel settled. I've been worrying about you and doing a lot of research on what it might be like for you over there. It's so hard to focus on school. I research something about abnormal psychology and then suddenly I'm on a weather site trying to figure out if you need socks in your care package, or sunscreen. Spoiler alert: I packed them both just in case. I also sent a print copy of our wedding photo in the box. I'll attach a digital copy to this email.

My mom was a bit shocked when I stepped off the plane in LA with a diamond on my finger. She asked if it was a promise ring or a wedding ring and I think I gave the answer away when I started to cry like an idiot and speak blubbery nonsense until I calmed down. She says if I love you, then she does too. Welcome to the family.

My dad didn't take it as well. He was really quiet when I told him over the phone. I knew where it came from, it's his fear that I'm making the same mistakes my parents made. He opened up to me that summer I first met you about how he was too young to make it work with my mom. I used to be afraid I'd make that mistake too, but I'm not afraid anymore. Mr. and Mrs. Garver are going to make it the distance. I'm already clearing a spot for the gift we will get on our fiftieth anniversary. By the way, if anyone buys us a gold clock I'm going to beat them over the head with it.

I love you. I'm doing ok so don't worry about me. Keep your head in the game.

Love,

Mrs. Garver

P.S. I've been thinking about the erotica idea. Stories about military men are pretty hot right now. I'll consider it, but first I'll need a few pictures of you practically naked to see if any would make a good cover. Deciding which shot to use will be hard work, but someone's got to do it.

<WeddingPhoto.img>