Chapter 26: Frustrations

"Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning do to do afterward."

― Kurt Vonnegut

Please Vote

Comment

And Follow me ...

.............................................

Nicolai Petropoulis' POV

After a lot of convincing to do, finally, she fell asleep. It's almost midnight and I couldn't fall asleep. Knowing that, she has a stalker angered me and terrify me at the same time.

I look at her angelic face peacefully sleeping one more time, and then slowly untangled myself off her. I quietly tiptoed out the door, after giving her a light brief kiss on her lips.

I needed some alcohol. My brain is clogged with all this murderous scenes once I caught that stalker. "Elixir," was the only guy that came up in my head. He's the only guy I know and who got the balls to comment such straightforward sarcastic remarks about me.

I decided to venture along the hallway quietly heading to their bar downstairs.

I heard murmuring sounds. It is true that when it is dead night, even the pin drops you could hear it. From upstairs, I could hear voices murmurings.

I followed it and it led me to theios' office. It was slightly ajar, so their voices were audible. "I swear, dad." I heard Victoria's voice.

"I believe you honey, but there's no text here that's creepy." I heard theios Demetrio responded. Seems like the two were arguing, and I have this feeling they were talking about Elle's stalker.

"Dad, I saw how she looks pale and terrified as soon as she read her text. I was about to look at it when she collapse." Victoria stressed out and there's determination in every single word. "Maybe, it was accidentally deleted when she collapse, dad?" I heard her said and I confirmed. They were talking about the text she received, about Elle's stalker.

I knock softly on the door. "Come in," theios Demetrio said in an exhausted voice. When I walk in, both were staring at me in deep curiosity. "You're still awake?" he nonchalantly remarked. I nodded my head. "Is anything wrong son?" He asked after seconds past. "Is Elle okay?"

"Yes, theios ... I mean, petherós."(Father-in-law) I trailed off. I saw Victoria smiled in amusement. I gave her a small smile before looking back at theios Demetrio, I mean my father-in-law, with seriousness. "Victoria was right, petherós. Elle has a stalker. She received another text, that guy claiming her as his. She thought it was a prank, at first, but then she received, at least, a couple each day."

Petherós Demetrio looks at Victoria apologetically and Victoria looks at her, with her eyes saying, I-told-you.

"I'm sorry honey. You are right. Now, go and sleep." petherós nodded his head to her and motioned her that she can leave.

"Night dad," Victoria stood up and gave petherós a kiss on the cheeks. Petherós kisses her too on her forehead.

"Night, baby. I love you."

"Love you too, dad." Victoria gave me a glance and said goodnight to me on her way out.

"Here, the text were deleted," petherós handed me Elle's phone, and even knowing the text was accidentally deleted, I still unceremoniously went through all her text.

hey, where r u? - starr

Please let's meet, Elle. Let's talk. Why are you avoiding me? - Elix