Chapter 2

***Picture of Angela to the right! :)***

Chapter 2

           "Which one looks better?" Angela asked, holding up a sparkly pink dress and a single-strap, satin red dress. We were currently at a dress boutique, shopping for dresses for Nick's party, which was in two days. Honestly, I did not even want to go, but Angela was forcing me.

            "I like the red one—the pink is too. . . Barbie," I replied.

            Angela tilted her head, scanning both dresses again. "Hmm, I see your point. Good call." She put the pink dress back on the rack. "Okay, now you," she grinned.

            I let out a sigh of defeat as she began picking out dress after dress, tossing me one after the other until my arms were tired and the pile was up to my head. "Go try them on," she ordered, and pushed me into the changing room, causing me to stumble. The first dress was a blue and green dress with printed design on the top half. When I walked out of the room wearing it to show Angela, she pulled a disgusted face. "Ew, definitely no. Try another on." The next one was a red dress with ruffles on the sleeves and a bowtie on the chest. Again, Angela disapproved. "It's way to elegant-looking." This went on for many more dresses. Every time, she'd find a way to trash them.

            Angela's pile of dresses had now been reduced to only a few. Tired, I slipped on a navy blue dress with a beaded strap around the neck. "Please tell me this dress is good so we can go," I whined.

            "Child, be patient." Angela scanned the dress from top all the way down to the hem. Her lips lifted. "Actually, this is perfect. Zayn will be all over you when he sees you in this," she declared, grinning wickedly.

            My jaw dropped. "Is that what this is about?! Is that why you made me stay her for four hours and try on fifty dresses?!"

            Angela ignored me as she went up to the counter and paid for our dresses. When she was done, she sauntered out of the boutique, me trailing behind her. "Angie," I whined, "where are we going now?"

            "I saw this jewelry store when we got here. It's not that far."

            "A jewelry store? Is that really necessary?"

            Angela raised her eyebrows. "Would you rather spend a few more hours shopping for shoes?"

            I remained silent.

            "That's what I thought," Angela said, sending me a smirk.

            The jewelry store was only a small shop, but the walls and glass cases were stacked with exotic necklaces, bracelets, and earrings. I did not want to admit it, but I was actually glad that Angela dragged me in. 

            I walked over to the counter at the front of the store and looked through the glass case. There were rows and rows of glistening jewels embedded into metal to form elegant jewelry. My eyes immediately landed on a shimmering blue emerald necklace.