A Month To Live (16)

'Where did you last see Remi?' Bradley asked me as we hovered outside the back door.

'Um, Kyle was taking her away from the kitchen and into some other room where a load of people were,' I said vaguely. They could been anywhere by now. 'He isn't drinking, though, so she'll be fine for a ride home.'

'But do I trust him enough yet...' Bradley said slowly, eyes scanning the crowd with a frown.

I rolled my eyes at his usual over protective nature.

'Look, we'll find her before we leave and you can beat some orders into Kyle if you have to, but this can be his chance to prove himself to you that he can look after your sister,' I told him with an exasperated sigh.

Bradley considered this for a moment before I rolled my eyes again and grabbed his hand, dragging him back into the house and the bundle of people. Less than a second after we entered we were surrounded by a swarm of bodies pressing against us from every direction. I grumbled and shoved forward, tugging Bradley behind me and searching for a sign of Remi.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned to Bradley who began speaking but paused when his voice was swallowed up by the music. Instead he pulled a face and pointed to the corner where Remi and Kyle were locked in a heavy make-out session. I burst out laughing and leaned close to Bradley's ear.

'I think she looks fine,' I smirked.

'I think I should go over there and-' he began.

'No,' I said firmly. 'Well okay, you are allowed to go over there because she's your sister and everything but only if you promise not to be a dick about it,' I added with a grin. He turned his scowl in my direction as I leaned away, but I grabbed his hand again and dragged him towards where Remi and Kyle were. They'd stopped making out by the time we reached them.

Remi caught sight of us coming towards them and jumped up with delight, Kyle followed her closely and caught her as she stumbled. 'Oh God,' I heard Bradley groan behind me.

'Raegan! Bradley!' Remi exclaimed darting out of Kyle's arms. She grabbed me around the neck in one arm and Bradley around the neck in the other arm in a group hug. I made a choking noise as my breathing was cut off and stumbled when Remi abruptly released me. Bradley laughed and dropped a hand onto my shoulder.

'How much did she drink?' I asked Kyle, rubbing my neck as Remi started a conversation with a complete stranger.

'About five of those blue things and some bottles of beer,' he replied with an eye roll. 'Not to mention the jello shots that George was handing around earlier.'

'We're taking off now so are you sure you have her under control?' I asked raising my eyebrow threateningly.

'I've looked after many drunken people before,' he said reassuringly.

'But this isn't just some random drunk person and if anything happens then I swear I'll-,' Bradley began. I elbowed him in the stomach to cut his threat off short and ignored his indignant look at me.

'I know she's not random,' Kyle told Bradley with a frown. 'I promise I'll bring her back safely,' he said.

'You better,' Bradley grumbled.

'Let me just do one thing,' I said, dodging out of their masculinity face off for a moment and going over to Remi.

'So, why're you jetting off then?' I heard Kyle ask Bradley tauntingly.

'Neither of us are drinking so there's no point in us being here,' Bradley replied in a less harsh tone. I moved too far away to hear the rest of the conversation. I span Remi around and shot a fleeting smile to the group of girls she was chatting to.