Sleeping Salt

"T'was a warm summer's evening and I was preparing a late dinner for my difficult family. I decided to spice it up a bit and add some, you guessed it, salt. I sprinkled a thin coat of Sodium chloride on top of some bird seeds and placed it on the floor for us to eat. an-"

"We were all present when this happened, can we just skip to whe-"

"Pipe the f down Martin, I'm telling the story from the beginning." The room fell silent, Felisha took this opportunity to finish. "Anyway, as I way saying,  I placed our evening meal on the floor and we proceeded to eat. After you brats complained about me over-doing the salt, we soon enough finished the meal. After around 5 minutes we all started to feel sleepy, which wasn't odd since it was nearing sun down. So we all got ready for bed and fell asleep simultaneously.

We awoke the next day at around nine , this was odd. I was the first to awake from the extended slumber and see that our house had been trashed. I gave everyone a strong shake but Timothy, of all people, was the only one to respond from the movement. 'Tim, look at our house.'

'Woah, was there a party? We musta got white mouse wasted and passed out!' I gave him a firm slap. 'OUCH! That hurt you bi-' I interrupted him mid-sentence with another slap, this time even firmer. His yell woke Cynthia, who had somewhat of the same reaction resulting in multiple slaps. 'We need to find out what happened.'

So the three of us crawled up the tunnel out into the field. It was rather dark, like you'd expect in late autumn. (Or fall depending on how basic you are.) 'Mr. Ages can help, right?'

'I'm sure he can Tim. come on, let's go.'

It took us only 5 minutes to get there as Drake was sleeping. When we got to Mr. Age's, who was feasting on a caterpillar."

"It was a slug."

"Cynthia, I will not hesitate to slap you if you interrupt me again!"

"Sorry mum, do carry on."

"That's what I thought, bitch. Anyway, Mr. Ages greeted us politely and asked why we had appeared. 'Well, when my family and I went to sleep last night we did not awake until around 10 minutes ago. When we did awake we saw that our house had been trashed. You wouldn't happen to know anything about this would you?' Mr. Ages looked at fault. 

'I think I know what has happened.' 

'Do tell us.'

'The, you know whos,'

'The Ratchets?' I slapped Timothy and left a vivid paw mark on his face.

'You must not speak their f-ing names! Do carry on Mr. Ages.'

'Anyway, they came here the day before last and requested a pouch of sleeping powder, they said they needed it to get by Drake. I gave them the powder for this 'ere slug.'

'I think they somehow swapped my salt for sleeping powder, I decided to use salt on our dinner you see. Those biches.'

'I'm sorry.'

'Say that to our house Ages, it's a shit-tip!'

'I'll help anyway I can.'

'Anyway you can huh? Could you help us get revenge?'

'I don't see why not. Well, I do, but I have nothing better to do.'

'Thanks, think of a plan by tomorrow and we'll start putting it together.'

'Meet here at 8am sharp.'

'Bich, I'm an alcoholic drunk.'

'That sentence proves it, I guess.'

'I ain't goin' be here at 8am, or any other am!'

'Fine, 1pm sound better?'

'Better, see you later.'

'Goodbye Felisha. Timothy, Cynthia, I will see you tomorrow.' 

We lightly jogged back to our mess of a house and started to tidy up. By this time everyone had woken up.

'What happened mum?'

'The you know whos swapped our salt for sleeping powder.'

'Oh, we started to tidy up, we found this note.' Cynthia handed over a letter that was from the ratchets. It read;

Sleeping Salt is a great tool.

'You're wrong ma, they mixed the sleeping powder with salt otherwise it would have just tasted like sleeping powder and we would've known something was wrong.'

'Shut it smart ass.' Martin mumbled something under his breath. 'We are all going to Mr. Ages tomorrow to start acting out our revenge plan.'

'You sure revenge is a good idea?'

'No. I'm never 100% sure about anything, if I was I'd be wrong 100% of the time.'

'If you say so.'

'I do Tyrone, I do.'