Bash's POV 2

"This is it," I tell Sadie as she drops me off at a random town house on a rundown street. The house looks like complete shit, children's toys on the lawn, the front door hanging off the hinges, and glass shattered on the porch. It only worsens when screaming begins inside the house.

I freeze before I let myself get fully out of the car. My feet are planted firmly on the ground and the car door is wide open but I don't have it in me to approach the nightmare.

"Hey Bash?"

I snap out of my daze and look back to Sadie in the rear view mirror. "Yeah," I ask.

With a quiet and velvety voice she asks, "You live here?"

Why the hell not? It might look worse on the outside but it seems to be just as bad on the inside as my real home. "Yeah," I whisper.

Sadie, the blonde beauty, begins to rummage through her purse. She pulls out a napkin and an old pen, using it to scribble her something down.

"This isn't my place to say anything but if you," she pauses, "if you need anything like a place to stay or just someone you need to talk to you can call this number. We have an extra room ever since my sister moved out and I'm a really good listener, I'd like to believe."

She folds up the napkin neatly, like she's setting a table and hands it to me with a soft smile. I take the paper cautiously, feeling completely caught off guard.

First I yell at her, then I puke on her car, and now she gives me her number in case I need anything. What is this girl's heart made of? Fucking Unicorn shit?

"Of course," she smiles widely. "Remember anytime okay? I promise I won't be bothered by it."

I look at Mother Theresa one last time before jumping out of the car. I slam the car door behind me angrily, not liking the way she's trying to help me, as if I need it. I walk up the pathway to the strangers house but stop halfway when I notice she hasn't driven away yet.

I turn to her, my fists clenched in anger. "You can go now," I spit. "Leave."

As she drives off I look down at the folded up paper on it, her name written in perfect cursive. I look up to the house which is as much a hell as my own and then I look back at Sadie's car, stopped at a stop sign at the end of the street.

"Who the hell is this girl," I ask myself.