We've Got All The Toys: Christmas At The Tower (Avengers x reader)

"Hey, (Y/N), can you come to my office please?"

"Right away, Director," you sighed, rolling your eyes at Daisy and reluctantly jumping up from the couch. "I'm sure he's got some high-stakes job for me again. You know, like the last time when he sent me out with the lunch order."

She laughed and grabbed your hand as you began to walk away, holding you back before you could get away. "Hey, give him time. It's hard for him to adjust to you being here. He'd never admit it, but he's just scared to send you into anything dangerous yet."

"Yeah, I suppose you're right. He's gonna need to get over it soon, though, or I'm out."

You crossed the hallway and entered Coulson's office, looking around but not seeing him right away. "Uncle Phil?" You took a few steps deeper inside, moving behind his desk to find an envelope with 'Avengers' written in large letters over the front and your name clipped to it; it began to make you a little nervous, but excited to know if this was why he called you in.

"Hey, kiddo," he announced, walking in with a large box in his hands and an excited grin on his face. "I see you've found your package. Here," he said, handing the box to you, "this goes too. I need you to head to the tower tonight to drop this off so I don't miss my deadline."

Giving the box a tiny shake, just to get some idea of what was inside, you smiled at the revelation of what it was. Lifting a corner up, you peeked in and confirmed your guess; the box was filled with Christmas cookies. "Death defying stuff here, Phil," you smirked, "another touch-and-go mission for me."

"This is very important, (Y/N)," he replied, his face suddenly serious. "Fury needs this there tonight so the team has time to get it all done. Clock's ticking, so on your way."

"What could possibly be so time-sensitive with a box of cookies?"

Phil reached over and grabbed the envelope, dropping it on top of the box as you held it. "This envelope holds top secret information, and I'm trusting you to get there on time and give it only to Nick, okay? The entire operation could fall apart if that gets into the wrong hands."

You lifted the tab open on the envelope and looked inside, more curious now than ever. A loud laugh escaped you when you saw the 'top secret information', but Phil maintained his serious expression as you caught your breath a few moments later.

"Secret Santa names? Really?"

~~~

"Alright, kids, gather around," Nick called out from the living room at the tower, "the Secret Santa list is here, and it's time to get shopping."

Now that the team had grown by nearly double after the battle in Sokovia, it was decided that Christmas would be much easier for everyone if the celebration changed to a Secret Santa gift exchange. As it turns out, superheroes don't have much time for shopping. As each of the teammates arrived, Nick stood at the center of the room with a handful of envelopes, marked with each of their names.

"There's an envelope for each of you. Inside is the name of who you will be giving a gift to. Remember, don't give away who you have until we get together at the party to open them all."

Tony bounced into the room with an eager expression, quickly finding you standing next to Nick with the box from Phil still in your hands. "Yeah, yeah, that's great, Fury. But I smell cookies." He grabbed the box and ripped the top off, shoving two cookies into his mouth and taking two more before he handed it to the others. "You make these, sweetheart? They're amazing!"

"Sorry, Mr. Stark, that's classified. I'm just on delivery today."

"I'll tell ya what," he said with a mouthful of cookies and crumbs down the front of his shirt, "if you deliver about three dozen more of these, and figure out how to call me 'Tony' once and for all, there might just be something under the tree for you too." He grabbed his envelope and another few cookies before hurrying out the door and back to his lab.