Chapter 8

"Remember to write. Everyday," Hermione stressed, "no exceptions."

"Only because you've trained your owl to peck me if I don't." Siera replied good naturedly.

"Do I have to?" Ron asked.

"If you don't write me on a regular basis, I'll hurt you." Siera gave him a one armed hug. The other arm she threw around a morose looking Harry. "You too!" She shook him.

Ginny bounded over, pushing her brother out of the way so she could throw her arms around Siera's middle. "I'll ask mum if you can come stay with us before break is over."

"Okay but make sure to give her your new puppy dog face we've been working on." Siera turned to Fred and George. "And you two." She shook her finger at them. "I'm tired of only getting one or two letters." She poked them in the chest.

"Awww you know it's not like that."

 "Our owl just gets confused! He delivered half of the letters I wrote to our Great-Aunt Muffy last year."

Siera rolled her eyes, "blame it on the poor defenseless owl, I see how it is." She shook her head but smiled, "come here." She hugged them both tightly. 

"I'm going to miss you all so much!" Siera let her gaze linger on George for a moment longer than the rest. Taking in the small, content smile on his face as he looked down at her.

Fred pulled Harry aside, whispering something about good muggle pranks for his cousin Dudley. The rest  of her friends were exchanging goodbyes.

"Summer will be over before you know it, Siera."

Siera felt a slight sting behind her eyes. "I hope so."

George appeared troubled, pulling her in close. She rested her cheek against his chest, his hand stroking across her back lightly.  "If you need anything, I'm just an owl away. And if I have to ride a muggle train to get to you, then I will."

"What?" Siera sniffled away a few stray tears, "no flying car escort for me?"

He chuckled, wiping a tear from her cheek with his thumb. "I'm afraid not, there was only one like him and he's currently running free in the forbidden forest."

"Sorry to break up the tragic goodbye, but mum's waiting. If the first thing I hear from her all summer is a lecture I'll make you pay."

"Shut up, Fred," George said, though he smiled at his brother as he picked up his own trunk. "Bye, Siera."

"See you soon George." Siera watched as they walked away, giving Fred and George one last enthusiastic wave when they looked back.

She peered around and seeing Harry, gave him a sympathetic look as he walked slowly to the Dursleys.

Hermione spotted her parents then,  giving Siera a quick hug before running excitedly toward them.

As she walked outside, Siera wished she didn't ever have to leave her friends.

The bus stop bench was the same as always. A peeling advertisement telling her to buy a house, the same old woman watching the cars going by.

Siera sat down and smiled a little. 

Five years and the woman was still sitting there.

As she waited for the bus Siera rehearsed the speech she was going to give her mother about lying to her about her real father.

The bus pulled up and Siera hopped on. More or less ready for the three switches she was going to have to make until she got to the stop that was close enough from her house to walk.