Chapter two

- EDITED -

He placed his lips against my cheek and kissed every inch of it slowly, gently, and sweetly. My arms were wrapped loosely around his neck while my fingers fiddled with strands of his brunette locks.

"I love you." He breathed against my neck. I could feel my face warming up in a matter of seconds. His arms curled around my waist as he lifted me into the air...

"Izzy?" He said. I felt puzzled by the odd questioning of my name. "Izzy!" He shook me violently with anger bursting through his - once loving - eyes. "WAKE UP."

-

This had to be the most embarrassing moment of my entire life. Detention was such a boring place to be, I must have fell asleep during the awkward silence floating between Sam and I. Unbelievably, no one else had received this kind of treatment. So here I was, sat with Sam listening to his stupid rock music and watching him check work.

"Why would you wake me up to this," I grumbled, shifting my eyes over to his desk.

"Because this is detention. The sleeping is unnecessary and so is your continuous whimpering of my name." He smirked, reaching for the stapler.

I could feel my cheeks flaming uncontrollably. "I, uh I said your name..?"

"No, but I bet you were dreaming about me." He raised his eyebrow at me and winked, getting up from his messy desk and trotting over. "Don't think for a minute that your games are going to fool me, Isabel. I've played them all, and I always win." He placed a hand on each side of the desk and smiled, "Always."

"I have no idea what you're on about, you've flipped your lid." I muttered. "Now what do I have to do in order for you to take us home already, paper work?"

"Stack the shelves full of play books and then we can get off."

"Would be a smart idea if you gave me a foot step, I'm not that tall." I scoffed.

"Stand on your tip toes," he laughed.

After a few minutes of endless stacking, I finally reached the last shelf. Unfortunately for me and my short legs, I couldn't reach high enough to finish the job.

"Sam, I can't reach," I groaned in annoyance.

"Too bad, we're not going until you've finished." I stared at him with anger burning in my eyes, but he didn't care, he placed his empty glass down on the front desk, and sat down to watch. "Hurry up, I'm starving."

"Well unless you want to die of hunger, I suggest you do it yourself!" I growled. Why are boys so ignorant?

"Fine," he muttered. By the time my brain had picked up his previous answer, I had a pair of strong, muscular arms wrapped around my waist. My breath hitched in my throat as his palm touched my bare skin once his hand shifted into a more secure position. "Pick up some of the books," he whispered into my ear.

"Okay," I stuttered. Slowly lifting the books into my arms, he tightened his grip, lifting me up into the air until I was tall enough to reach the last shelf. Once all the books were placed neatly down, he brought me to my feet.

"Now lets go, I'm in the mood for Nandos." His grin grew as my face became even more red. "Stop blushing."

"I'm not blushing!" I muttered in defence. He brought his hands up to my face, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear and placing the other on my cheek.

"Oh but you are."

"Not," I widened my eyes as his lips made their way closer to mine. He kept his sparkling eyes locked on mine before pulling away just as I closed my eyes.

"You really thought I was going to kiss you?" He broke into laughter. "As if, don't be stupid. You're my student and definitely not what I want." I

I frowned at him, my eyes began to water. "Ok," I whispered in embarrassment.

"Izzy-" Before he could say another word, I pushed his gentle hand off of my cheek and rushed towards the door. My eyes were stinging and I could feel the lump in my throat growing. "No, come back," he urged.

"I'll see you at home," I stuttered, wiping away a loose tear.

Why was I getting so emotional over him? He doesn't even like me. I don't have a shot and I always knew I wouldn't have one.

Move on, you're invisible to everyone anyone.

- Sam's P.O.V -

What was wrong with Izzy? I mean, it's not like she likes me or anything. She's my step sister, I have to tease her about this stuff. Did I do something wrong?

"Izzy?" I whispered, knocking on her door a few times. "I know you're in there."

I waited patiently for more than five minutes and yet she still didn't open the door. Stubborn bitch! Keep your cool Sam.

"I'm coming in whether you like it or not." I pushed open her bedroom door and stumbled in. Swinging the door shut behind me, I pushed the lock closed and turned to face her bed. At first I was confused, Izzy wasn't in here and I was standing in a dirt free room - not that it was a bad thing, I just didn't see her as a neat freak. But then I realised that she was in the bathroom. I sat down on her bed and stared at the door, waiting for her to come out.

"No Delilah, he doesn't like me. I know he doesn't." Izzy muttered in a sad tone. Just as she said goodbye, the bathroom door opened to reveal a very wet Izzy standing in nothing but a towel. "Oh my god! Sam, get out!" She squealed.

"Calm down, you have a towel on." I grunted. What was with girls and hiding their bodies? It's not like she had a bad one, I loved her figure. Stop it.

She quickly moved her arm up over her chest in a paranoid way. "I'm not dressed appropriately for this, please get out."

"Not until you speak to me," I smirked.

"Fine, what do you want?"

"Were you upset with me? I didn't mean to hurt your feelings."

I could see her eyes shine helplessly. She moved steadily back towards the bathroom door, and like most intreged boys, I followed along. Fortunately for me, she had shut the door after she came out so by the time I reached her, she had nowhere to go. "No, of course not."

"I can hear it in your voice, you're lying." I stared down at her.

"I feel really uncomfortable right now."

"Well get used to it," I laughed.

"I don't need to, please get out." I could hear despair in her voice.

"Why?" I smirked, placing my palm against her shoulder.

"Sam-"

"Sh, did I upset you?" I frowned.

"Only a little," she bowed her head in shame.

"Don't be upset because of me, I'm an idiot. I just fool around with you."

She smiled slightly, placing her hand over mine while the other gripped tightly on her towel. I bent down so we were nearly eye level and let out a big grin. What the hell are you doing, Sam? She doesn't like you, stop. I lifted my other hand up to her chin, tipping her head slightly and bringing my face closer to hers. Our lips were only inches apart now...

"Izzy?" Shouted a very eager mother from outside the door. "What are you doing? Why is your door locked?" Well thank you bitch, you've ruined the moment.

"I went in the shower and didn't want anyone to walk in, I'll be out in a second." She panicked.

"Okay, well tea's almost ready so I'll be downstairs."

She focused her eyes back on mine as I tried to avoid the very eye contact that she was pursuing. "Don't think because I've told you this, that I'm going to stop." I huffed, moving away from her and making my way towards her door, unlocking it and exiting casually.

God damn it, Sam. Way to blow the moment, you're a right charmer. Can't you do anything right?