#51 - Ross Lynch

I was sat here thinking : everybody does the same old story where the nobody girl suddenly becomes popular, dates her crush, aces her classes, her skin is suddenly clear etc. But why aren't these type of stories written about boys?

So...enjoy 😇

I looked to the little TV in the corner of the room, replaying the very moment in which the star quarterback Ezra Carter was hit right on the back of the head during his interview with the local news channel. It then panned out to scrawny, pale to death me, mouth gaping at what I had just done.

It was unintentional; I was just minding my business by the pitch when the ball landed at my feet. The football team called for me to throw it back to them and I tried, only that it went a little to the left and somehow picked up extra force, hitting Ezra so hard he fell forwards and out of the camera shot.

The whole of the student body died laughing, only this time it wasn't at me, it was at Ezra, who was too stunned to know what or who had hit him.

So I bolted it out of there and never came back. Until Monday morning rolled over, and I've been sat at the reception for the last 15 minutes. Now, it was a matter of another 5 minutes before I technically had to be in lesson.

When I told my family, my brothers high fived me and my sister giggled. However, the matter wasn't as funny this morning, as my parents forced me to school.

I'm probably going to get jumped so hard.

"Ross, honey." My aunt, who also worked at the reception, called my name. "It's time for lessons."

I stood with a sigh, attempting to look as depressed as possible so she didn't send me to lesson. "Don't you worry. They can't do anything to you, and if they do you can just throw a football at their head."

"Hilarious." I grunted at her, hugging my sketchbook and pilot magazine to my chest. Do not judge my nerdy obsession.

As I walked down the corridor, people mumbled remarks such as 'nice aim', and 'you throw like a chick' at me, so I kept my gaze down. That was until I walked heads first into Ezra and his little posse. I couldn't see very well, but the bump on the side of his head stuck out like a sore thumb and it took me everything to not start laughing and have my face bashed in.

He glared at me. "Thanks for Friday, dude."

"I really didn't mean it-"

"I don't give a fuck if you meant it or not, you made me look like a retard. And look at the state of my head now."

"Welcome to my life." I muttered, but he didn't hear.

As the halls emptied, he seized me by the collars and pushed me into the lockers. However, all it took was one voice and he released me. "Ezra! Why are you doing?"

It was his on-off girlfriend and the most gorgeous girl in school, Bella Albany. She approached us, one of my friends, Riley, behind her. "He didn't mean it, therefore you shouldn't be giving him hell for it it. Get over yourself."

Riley stepped in. "Are you alright, Ross."

"I'm fine." I said quietly. "Let's go to class."

"Good idea, bye Bella." She waved at the girl and glared at him before leading me away. "Friday was awesome, by the way."

"Don't mention it, I'm probably this close from being beaten up." I sighed, walking into class and greeted by multiple sniggers and sarcastic remarks.

"He wouldn't dare, I would personally kill him." The 5'3 brunette put on her meanest look and all I could do was laugh.