8

Peggy and I walked out to see the new recruits.

"Recruits attention." I say with Peggy alongside me. "I am Agent Andrews, this is Agent Carter. We supervise all operations for this division." I say walking down the line of soldiers.

"What's with the accent, Queen Victoria?" I stop and look at one of the men who just spoke to me. "I thought I was signing up for the US Army." He said.

"What's your name, soldier?" I ask him.

"Gilmore Hodge, your majesty." He says quite cockily. I look over at Peggy who lightly smirked then nodded. I look back at Hodge.

"Step forward, Hodge." I tell him. He licks his lips before doing so. "Place your right foot forward." He did as I asked.

"We gonna wrassle?" He asked in a Boston accent as one of the men who was with Peggy and I passed out some clipboards. "'Cause I got a few moves I know you'll like." I punched him in the face making him fall to the ground.

"Agent Andrews." I quickly turn around.

"Colonel Phillips." I say.

"I can see that you are breaking in the candidates. That's good." Colonel Phillips says walking over to where I'm at. "Get your ass up out of that dirt." He tells Hodge. "and stand in that line at attention till somebody comes tells you what to do."

"Yes sir." Hodge says. I notice a little blood trickle from his nose.

Oops.

I look over at the men until my eyes laid on Steve. My eyes widened in horror.

What on earth is he doing here?

"General Patton has said that wars are fought with weapons but they are won by men. We are going to win this war because we have the best men." He said his words faltering at the end once he saw Steve. "And because they are going to get better. Much better. The Strategic Scientific Reserve is an Allied effort made up of the best minds in the free world."

"Our goal is to create the best army in history."

I watched Steve climb up the rope but got his foot stuck and he fell back hanging from the rope.

"But every army starts with one man."

"Rogers. Get off of there!"

"At the end of this week, we will chose that man. He will be the first male in a new breed of super soldier."

I jotted stuff down as the soldiers army crawled under the barbed fence.

"Rogers get that rifle out of the mud!"

I lookup at the men and made a quick note.

"And they will personally escort Adolf Hitler to the gates of hell."

-

"Pick up the pace ladies! Let's go, let's go!Double time!" Sergeant Duffy yelled at the soldiers as they ran. "Come on! Faster! Faster!" He yelled. I looked back from the hoodless jeeps at the soldiers.

"That flag means we're only at the halfway point! First man to bring it to me gets a ride back with Agent Andrews and Agent Carter!" He announced and all the men tried climbing up the poll but they all ended up sliding back down. "Nobody's got that flag in 17 years! Now fall back in line! Come on, fall in!" I watched as Steve pulled the things holding the flag up and watched it fall. I smirk as he picked up the flag and handed it to the sergeant.

"Thank you sir." Steve said getting into the back with me. I smiled at him.

__________________________

Vote/Comment