Chapter 16

Stiles POV

I sat in my car for what felt like forever. I was sitting outside of Scott's house. He was sent home until his trial. For some reason I felt like I should talk to him but everything inside of me felt like it was a bad idea. Normally, people trust their gut feeling, they run when they feel like that's what they should do, but no, I'm the idiot that stays.

I knew Scott knew I was here before I even knocked on the door. He looked like shit when he answered. He was in pajamas, his hair was a mess, it looked like he wasn't sleeping. For a werewolf he looked worse than I did after a month and a half without sleep. Gotta love insomnia, right?

"Stiles..." He said softly. 

"Are you gonna let me in or....?"

"Oh, uh, yeah." He moved so I could walk past him.

I sighed, "Why'd you turn yourself in?"

"I needed to."

"Why? I wasn't going to say anything?"

"I just felt like I needed to, Stiles."

"Why though!? Was it to make me feel better or to clear your own guilty conscious?" I asked.

He sighed, "Maybe a little of both? I don't know."

"You could go to jail."

"I know."

"How is that going to make either of us feel better?"

He shrugged, "Why do you care?"

"Scott, I hate you, but you're my brother and fuck, I know I shouldn't still want to be friends with you. I should want you to go to jail. But I don't, I don't want you to throw your fucking life away like that. You made a mistake, a shitty one, and I'll never forgive you, but I don't think jail is the answer."

"I've never regretted something more in my life, but Sti, you need to leave. I've made up my mind and I'm not putting you through anything else. I-I need to do this. I need to get what I deserve. You need to be happy. Be with Derek, take care of the pack, enjoy school again. I know you used to love school, I ruined that for you. I ruined everything for you. I feel like shit, let me feel like shit okay?"

"No. No, you don't get to throw me out of your life. You don't fucking get to do that! You're right you fucking killed me, you hurt me, but doing this isn't fixing anything! School isn't getting better because you confessed Scott! I might be mad at you but I need you right now." I said feeling tears forming in my eyes.

"You're better off without me." Scott said looking at the ground. "You should leave."

"Scott..."

"No, Stiles, leave."

------

Derek POV

I walked into Stiles' room to find him laying on his bed, legs curled to his chest, a pained look on his face.

"Babe?" I said getting his attention as I sat next to him. "Are you okay?"

"I don't know." He whispered sniffling.

"Talk to me."

"I went to see Scott today. Why don't I hate him? I should hate him!" He started crying. I pulled him up and onto my lap. "He's not letting be his friend. It should be the other way around. I should not want to talk to him, but I do, I want to talk to him. I miss him so much Derek. I hate him but I miss him."

I kissed his head feeling his sobs intensifying. "Baby, it's going to be okay."

"Don't leave me too." He whispered. "I can't take it if I lose you."

"I'm not going anywhere." I said making him look at me.

"Everything hurts right now." His face was stained with tears.

I pressed a kiss to his lips, "I promise it'll be okay."

He pushed his forehead against mine. "Okay."

---------

Stiles POV

I walked downstairs to eat breakfast. I have to go to court today because of Scott. My dad and Derek were downstairs waiting for me. Derek was leaning against the counter talking to my dad who was sitting at the table inhaling his eggs. I wrapped myself around Derek.

"You need to eat, Kiddo." I heard my dad.

"I'm not hungry." I said against Derek's chest.

"I'll make you something, anything." Derek offered.

"I'm not hungry." I sighed looking between the two of them.

"Stiles." My dad started. 

"I'll eat later." 

"You need to eat." He gave me his 'I'm the dad and you'll do what I say' look.

I sighed moving around Derek to put some bread in the toaster. "Happy?"

My dad nodded "We have to leave in an hour, make sure you're ready." He said putting his plate in the sink.

"You're coming today, right?" I asked Derek as my dad left the kitchen.

He nodded. "What about afterwards?"

"After, we are going to cuddle and binge watch some stupid tv show until we die."

"In our underwear?"

"I don't see why not." He smiled kissing me.

I heard the toaster pop "Butter my toast?" I asked.

"You're a pain."

"Its been a long day, Der." I groaned.

"You've been up for 20 minutes. You're day hasn't even started." He laughed.

"True, but I've been thinking about how long my day is going to be and I'm already tired knowing that I'm going to have a horrible day so I need you to love me."

"I do love you, with all my heart." He handed me a plate with my toast on it.

"I love you." I smiled.

"You better." He said picking me up.

"Der, I'm eating." I laughed.

"Oh, well." He said carrying me up the stairs.

"I'm trying to have a bad day! Stop ruining it!" I yelled hearing him laugh again.

"But you're smile is just so cute." He pecked my lips.

"Shut up." I smiled.

He shook his head walking into my bathroom. 

What would I do without him?