Chapter 17

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I keep relaxed and stand idly, waiting for his move.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He smirks and lunges at me, fists out and moving, I struggle to keep up but still manage to get a hit in here and there. This duel, I decided to use a weapon. My choice was twin daggers and his was a sword thing. It was to long to be a dagger but to short to be a sword. He had won all of his duels with it and was very skilled. His fighting technique was wild and fast, like fire. 

'I wonder if his dragon is a fire dragon?' I think when we separate. Since he is fire, I try to be water, smooth and calm. I never use excessive energy and my moves flow together. We continue for a while, both of us weakening. We come apart, breathing heavily. I know I can't take much more of this. This is a fight I will never win. Amipere senses my thoughts of failure and whistles loud and clear. At first, my body fills with a small humming; slowly it turns to a raging wildfire and my arms shake with un-released energy. My grip tightens on the daggers and my gaze is steady. My eyes meet his and he gasps. His sword drops from his hand and I feel something take hold of my body. It grows until I have no control left. By this time, my skin feels like it's about to burst and I try to open my mouth to scream. No sound comes out until finally, something does. It isn't my voice though, it feels ancient and powerful. It rasps out of my throat, hard and scratchy. 

"Who are you?" It points my dagger at the boy in front of me "Why do you mean this girl harm?" I try to get it out of head but it holds firm. I still see through my eyes and I look around. My classmates are frozen but the instructors are gaping in awe at the being in me. I sense it is a female but it's voice was never intended to be heard by humans. One by one, starting with a man robed in green, the instructors kneel down to touch their heads to the floor. 

'Who are you?' I think.

'Little one,' it replies softly 'I am you.'