열 (wonhui)

<Junhui>

Junhui had just moved to Korea and although he thought he wasn't that bad at Korean, he still was determined to perfect the language.

After a tiring day in school with the noisy soonseok couple and level headed jeungcheol couple, he headed to a bookstore he had seen the day before while walking home.

He took a slow walk to the bookstore, stopping to pet a few stray cats along the street. Junhui had always had a soft spot for the smaller felines, having had two cats back home but had to give them to another family when they had packed their bags and moved to Korea for his dad's job. He would probably have to ask his mom if he could bring a stray cat or two back home to be cared for.

Junhui stopped when he realised he had walked past the store and doubled back. He tilted his head back to get a good look of the outside of the book store.

The wood outside the bookstore was painted a faded white with parts of the colour chipped away to reveal brown underneath. A lighted sign saying "Jeon's bookstore" was slightly tilted on the right side. Taking a deep breath, he took hold of the copper doorknob and twisted.

The door chimed softly when he pushed it open. Books of every kind littered the shelf and were, amazingly, stacked in terms of height. Yellow lights cast a glow on the books and made them have a mystical look to them. As compared to the outside, the inside looked infinitely bigger. Junhui counted at least ten shelves before giving up on counting the rest. The floor beneath his feet were carpeted and there was an empty counter right at the front.

Frowning after seeing this, Junhui made his way to the shelf right in front, looking for a few interesting Korean story books to help him improve his Hangul.

Suddenly, a loud crashed made Junhui loosen his grip on the book he had been checking out. After a few seconds of fear, his curiosity got the better of him and he walked towards the shelves nearer to the back of the store. After checking four lanes, Junhui was convinced it was nothing before being startled by a moving lump on the floor behind the last shelf.

Junhui rushed forward after the he, most probably anyway, started growing in pain.

"Oh gosh are you ok?" Junhui asked quickly while bending down."What even happened?"

"Uh... I kinda dropped a giant box of books on my foot..." The boy said rather sheepishly while looking up.

The eyes that met Junhui's were jet black and shaped like a cat's. At first glance, Junhui thought those cold eye held no emotion but after squinting a moment more, he realised the boy's eye were swirling with so many emotions that it was much harder to read than any eyes that Junhui had seen before. And that made the nameless boy even more intriguing to him.

He slowly torn his gaze away and looked over the boy's strong jawline and nose, full Cupid's bow plus messily styled black hair.

Wow, was this boy good looking.

Junhui silently got up and held a hand out for the boy to grab. The nameless boy accepted his hand and got to his feet.

"Thanks buddy! For a second I thought I was gonna die here before someone found me," the boy said while chuckling.

Junhui flashed back a grin.

"I assume you're here to get some books so, I'll um... be here arranging the books, uh... call me when you're done picking your books? I'm Wonwoo by the way. I just uh, wanted to say thanks." Wonwoo stuttered after turning a different shade of red as he slowly picked up the fallen box and started putting the box in order.

Junhui just shook his head and headed off to the bookshelves in front again.

Half an hour passed and Junhui had found three pretty interesting books. He immediately set out for the back of the store and saw Wonwoo crouched on the floor putting the last of the books on the bottom shelf.

"Yeah um... I've picked the books I want. Do you think you could help me check them out?"

"Only if I get to check you out as well."

"What?"

"Nothing! I said I'll help you check them out now!" Wonwoo said in rush and practically ran to the front from the other side of the aisle.

Junhui had heard exactly what he said. Very clearly. This boy was fairly handsome and he wouldn't mind going out on a few dates with him so why not? He thought to himself as he walked to the counter.

Wonwoo took the books from him silently and used the scanner to get their prices all tabulated.

"So Wonwoo, I was wondering, since we're the only ones here right now, don't you think you should be the won for me? There, inconviently, isn't anyone else here to accept my confession."

Wonwoo blushed even harder than he did the first time.

"Are you, flirting with me?" Wonwoo asked incredulously.

"Why yes I am. So I'd like to ask if you'd like to go out on a date tomorrow night. At 7. And I'd like to meet you here. If you accept that is." Junhui added as a second thought.

"No one has even been able to look me in the eye except my family and my best friend for the last five years."

Junhui laughed."Most people see an emotionless boy with cold eyes but if they bothered to look closely, your eyes are only so because they are so many unspoken emotions. I'd like to get to know you better."

Wonwoo stared at him in awe so Junhui decided to repeat his question.

"So? Would you like to go on a date with me tomorrow?"

Wonwoo nodded with a shocked face.

"That's good. I'm already starting to like you Wonwoo. I hope this works out." Junhui said as he turned and reached for the door.

Just as he shut the door behind him, he heard a quiet,"Me too."

*

HAHA OH MAN I WROTE THIS IN A DAY WOAH. hehe this was a request from @_seventeensbabe_ and I'm so grateful someone appreciates my writing :"))) I'll be completing her (IM SORRY IF UR NOT A HER ILY EITHER WAY) second request for jeungcheol next :) TQ guys for reading, voting and pls keep sending requests if u have any!!!!! much luv for u hoomans MUA MUA <33

*