Chapter 36: Back to Zero

"Jeez, these shoes are killing me." I whined as I brought two bottle of beers on the bar where Catalina is sitting and drinking.

"If you're not that stupid then why are you still wearing that garbage? God, how many duct tape did you put in there?" She looked at my stiletto that are just being repaired every time I wear them.

"What can I do? These are the the only ones I have." I sat on the stool next to hers and ordered a martini at the bar.

"You know, you're such an idiot. You have all the most beautiful shoes but you choose to leave them because of Rafael. How ignorant of you."

I rolled my eyes at her. "For your information, Catalina. Its my choice to not keep anything of what Rafael gave me. They are only needed when I an gonna act as his wife. But unlike now, I don't need them because I am not his wife anymore."

"Ahem, you are still married, dear. You two still haven't sign some divorce papers yet."

"Yeah but we officially declared that we no longer need each other." I turn my stool around and look around the bar. "We are done. The contract ends as soon as his father's company is now Rafael's hand. He doesn't need me anymore and I don't need him too."

Catalina finished her drink as I finished mine as well "Well, it's already been 2 weeks and he didn't even show his face to you yet."

"He's in Cannes." I replied, standing up from the stool because I saw many customers coming in the bar. Time to do my job and face what is real. Stop expecting that he will come to bring you back in his penthouse, Belle.

Time to wake up. This is the reality.

No time to waste because right now, my priority is to earn some money so we can pay our bills.

It's like I'm back to zero from bingo.

I went to the back to arrange my makeup. I've been working six hours straight from seven pm and now it's one in the morning.

I darken my Smokey eye make up and put some lip gloss because lipstick aren't my thing. I look so different from the Belle before. I look more mature on how thick my makeup right now. Well, these are how the boys love it.

To be honest, 8 out of 10 of my customers says that I look 16 so they told me to apply more makeup so I did. Luckily, my customers increases.

"Hey Belle" Ashley, one of my coworkers, greeted me as she entered the room and she put her things inside her locker.

"Hi Ash. You're shift starts at one?"

"Yep. Are there a lot of customers?" She asked, sitting next to me as I apply some eyeliner.

"Wow it seems like you are the lucky charm of this unlucky club. Since you came back 2 weeks ago, a lot of customers came."

"Maybe because they found out that the billionaire's ex wife is working here, entertaining some old perverts."

Ashley laughed, she was facing the mirror this time, applying some bust in her chest to make it look bigger. "I don't think so. You really won't be recognized easily from what you look like when you were married than what you are right now."

"Hm...how come?"

"You're clothes, makeup and looks are so beautiful when you were still married and now you are here. Your makeups too thick and bold, your clothes are so cheap and you don't look like a virgin right now because of that sexy tight dress you are wearing."

Wow.

"I-I guess you're right." I mumbled, letting out a chuckle then stared at myself in the mirror once again. I do look so mature and sophisticated with this dress. It's a tight dress but the side of my tummy is seen and it is very bare at the back.