Chapter 131.

(The songs for this chapter are James Morrison-You make it real, James Morrison-Please don't stop the rain, Coldplay-Shiver)

Hardin's cheeks are flushed and lips hold a nervous smile as I stare at him.

"it's so.. it's just perfect." I sob and close the space between Hardin and I on the couch, practically tackling him. Luckily, he is strong enough to keep us both from falling.

I hug him as tight as I can manage, causing him to cough so I loosen my grip.

"Thank you, that is so thoughtful and just unbelievable." I tell him and press my forehead against his as I stay in his lap.

"It's nothing..really." He timidly states and I smile at his casual tone.

Anne clears her throat and I hurry off of his lap. For a moment I forgot that we were not alone in the apartment.

"Sorry." I tell her and move back to my spot on the couch.

"Don't apologize." She gives me a knowing smile.

Hardin stays quiet, I know he won't talk about the gift in front of Anne so I change the subject for now. His gift was so incredibly thoughtful. He could not have picked a more perfect quote from any novel to have engraved onto that charm.

"Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same." It is so perfect for the way I feel about him. We are so different yet we are exactly the same, just like Catherine and Heathcliff. I can only hope that we do not share the same fate as them. I would like to think that we have learned from their mistakes somehow and that we will not allow that to happen.

I slide the bracelet over my wrist and slowly rock my wrist back and forth letting the charm sway back and forth. I have never received anything like this before, I thought the nook was the best gift but he managed to upstage himself by having this bracelet made. Noah always got me the same thing, perfume and socks. Every single year. Then again, I got him cologne and socks each year. That was our thing, our boring, routine, thing.

I stare at the bracelet for a few more seconds before I realize both Hardin and Anne are watching me. Immediately I get up and begin to clean the small mess from the wrapping paper.

"What shall we do for the rest of the day?" Anne asks.

"I feel like taking a nap." Hardin tells her and she rolls her eyes.

"A nap? On Christmas?" She mocks.

"It's not Christmas for the tenth time." He tells her harshly but then smiles.

"You're obnoxious." She scolds and swats at his arm.

"So are you."

I take the small pile of crinkled and torn paper and push it into the steel trashcan. I feel even worse about not getting Hardin a gift for Christmas. I was too consumed by everything that was going on between us to worry about buying him a gift. I wish the mall was open today so I could get him a last minute present. I have no idea what it would be but anything would be better than nothing. I look down at the bracelet again and run my finger over the heart.

"You almost done?' Hardin's voice at my ear causes me to jump in surprise.

"You scared me!" I say as he chuckles.

"Sorry love." I feel him smile against my neck and he wraps his arms around my waist. My heart leaps when he calls me 'love'. It's so unlike him.

"Are you going to take a nap?" I ask him, turning myself around to face him.

"Yea.. join me?"

"Sure." I don't really like to take naps unless I am too exhausted to do anything else but I can spend time with my nook while Hardin sleeps.