[010]

Somehow, I managed to walk home with Mikey, who apparently was not aware that we were neighbors. We didn't talk much, and I sure as hell didn't bring up the times I'd been to his house. Those times were a mistake. I knew I shouldn't have went over, but I reckoned that if Mikey was willing to start over, so was I. Who was I to test the kid?

"Maybe I'll see you sometime, dude," Mikey said quickly, glancing around nervously when we reached his drive. I followed his eyes, which were trained on Gerard sitting on the ground next to his own house with a sketchbook in his lap.

He wasn't drawing, though. I could see from where I was standing that the paper was blank. I could feel Gerard's eyes burning through my skull, but I refused to look at him. Guilt consumed me and I nodded at Mikey.

"'Bye," I said softly before turning and walking home. Hesitantly, I peered through the blinds in my kitchen. I didn't see Gerard.

There was a soft thump, and I turned around quickly, but there was nothing there. When I turned back toward the window, a pair of bright hazel eyes met mine. I gasped. I could see his on the other side of the glass, a smile evident in them.

I backed away from the window and sat at the table, hoping Gerard would get the invitation. He did. He took the seat next to me and looked me over.

"You cut your hair," he said softly. I nodded slowly. I hadn't cut much off, just a piece of my bangs that was always hanging in my eyes, which really fucking bothered me.

"I feel bad for kicking you out like that, man," I muttered. Gerard grinned, something I didn't think I'd ever seen before.

"It's okay. I get it. I freaked you out." He brushed his own dark locks away from his face. I asked him why he wasn't drawing and his response was, "I don't know how."

"Oh, bullshit, Gerard," I snapped, my cheeks flushing with color. "You're talented."

"I—no I'm not." Gerard stuttered over his words and looked away from me. "I've never been able to draw until I came here and—I don't know what happened. I saw you, and I, fuck it. Nevermind."

I leaned in, resting my chin in my hand. "No, tell me," I whispered softly, suddenly very intent on what he was saying.

"I don't understand what happened," Gerard said, pushing himself away from me. "When I first saw you, I couldn't stop thinking of you. And how gorgeous you were—are—and I guess I felt compelled to put it down on paper. And it was actually good, you know?" He was talking very fast and I could barely comprehend what he was saying at first. I had to look away when he said I was gorgeous, because I wasn't. I'm not.

"And?" I prompted. He leaned closer, lowering his voice.

"You're the only thing I can think of, or draw, or anything."

I shook my head. I still didn't understand Gerard. I didn't think I ever would. "Then why the fuck did you tell me to stay away from you the night I met you?" I was full of questions. "Why don't you ever tell me these things? Why'd you suddenly change your mind about me?"

Gerard bit at his lip hesitantly. "You aren't a threat to me," he murmured.

"You think I don't know that?" I rolled my eyes. "I don't intend to be a threat to you. Or anyone, for that matter. I'm not very intimidating, you know."

"You wouldn't understand, Frank." Gerard looked toward the window I'd been at only minutes before. "But I freaked out. I got the wrong idea and—I thought—" He sighed heavily. "Nothing."

In one swift movement, Gerard stood up, pushing his chair back and strolling out the door. As for me, I was getting pretty frustrated with him. I was tired of being left in the middle of conversations. He never gave me answers, and I needed answers. I groaned and leaned back, watching Gerard walk quickly toward the fence that separated our two houses.

wow hello i haven't updated in f o r e v e r ok im sorry but here's a shitty chapter for u guys lmao i have like 4 loyal readers but i love all of you guys that read this crappy fic !! comment/vote/follow for more of the stuff i write (sins, not tragedies) << im ashamed of myself for that tbh
also this is a long a/n because this chapter was short
but !! follow my instagram (@mainstreamtyler) and add me on snapchat (abbyx7) or something bc why not