Getting Lena Back

Adam's POV 

I just stood there, staring at Lena. She looked stunning. She looked 25 instead of 36. My thoughts were interrupted my the girls running over to me. 

"Daddy! Daddy!" They exclaimed. Out of the corner of my eye, I watched Lena turn her head and her jaw drop. "What is it, angels?" I asked them. "Come in the pool, daddy!" Adalyn exclaimed. "Alright, I'm right behind you. Lead the way," I said. 

As I started walking behind the girls, I turned and saw Lena getting up. She was about to leave. She started walking away from the pool. I couldn't let her get away. "Girls, you go in the pool, daddy will be right back!" I said before I ran after Lena. 

She turned and saw me coming after her, so she took off in a full out sprint. I ran as fast as I could after her. I grabbed her wrist before she could make it to the stairs that led to the hotel. 

"Let go of me!" Lena screamed. "Lena, please," I said. "Adam, let go of me," She said. I could tell that she was crying by the tone of her voice. "Lena, talk to me please," I said. "No, Adam. Go back to the girls. Leave me alone," She said. "You're my wife, Lena. Talk to me, please." I pleaded. "Let me go, Adam." She said. 

At that point, I gave up. I let go of her wrist and she walked away. I let her go. Again. I walked back to the pool and saw the girls sitting on the beach chairs. I took my sunglasses off my head and put them over my eyes to cover my tears. I couldn't let the girls see me cry. 

30 minutes later, I took the girls back to our room. They ran into their room and asked to watch Dora. I turned it on and walked back into my room. 

I sat on the bed, letting the tears fall down my face. She wanted nothing to do with me. She didn't want to talk to me. She's done with me. But, I don't want it to be over. I want my wife back. I want Sarah back. I want our old family back.

I got so angry with my thoughts that I got up and punched the mirror. My hand broke the glass instantly. The shards of glass shredded my knuckles, which were now bleeding all over the floor. "Shit," I muttered under my breath. 

I ran to the bathroom and grabbed a towel to wrap up my hand. I went back into my room and called the front desk, explaining what happened. 20 minutes later, housekeeping came and cleaned up the shards of glass and took the mirror away. 

I unwrapped my hand from the towel and wrapped it with bandages that housekeeping gave me. I went to go check on the girls to make sure they were alright. I walked in and they were both asleep on the bed. I shut the door and walked back into my room. 

My phone started ringing and I saw that it was Jesse. I picked it upa dn answered it.

"Hey man," Jesse said. "Hey," I said. "Did you find Lena?" He asked. "Yeah, I found her by the pool," I said. "So, what happened?!" He exclaimed. "She saw the girls and I, then she got up and ran away. I ran after her and caught up to her. I grabbed her wrist and she told me to let go. I begged her to talk to me, but she just told me to let her go. I let go of her wrist and she walked away," I said as tears slid down my cheeks again.

"Adam, I'm so sorry. I know how much you love her. You can't let this stop you, get her back." He said. "How am I supposed to get her back when she doesn't want to fucking talk to me!" I screamed. "Find her. Tell her how you feel. Tell her how much the girls want her back." He said. "She won't listen to me Jesse. She'll just take off again." I said. 

"Adam, do you love her?" He asked. "Of course. More than anything else." I said. "Then quit being a fucking wimp and get your wife back!" He shouted. "But Jesse..." I said before he cut me off. "Adam, quit whining and do something about it." He said before he hung up.

Jesse was right. I needed to quit crying about it and find her. I needed to tell her how I felt. I wanted her back and I needed to tell her. I changed into jeans and a white t-shirt. I tucked my phone into my back pocket along with a room key. I opened the door and stopped before I could walk out of the room.  

There stood Lena.