Chapter Thirty-Six Part One

Dangerous?

Dangerous?

I should have meant obnoxious...

I didn't call Sean. Instead, I started the kettle because the prince wanted some tea. I meant that sarcastically. Even though the guy is a prince. Ugh. Whatever.

Mark entered the house and acted as he owned it. Literally. He demanded some tea as he took of his boots and lifted his feet on my freaking table.

I could relate to those rude waiters that supposedly spit on your drink. I always thought that's really gross, but at the moment, I was seriously considering it...

"I can tell if you make something nasty, cali girl!" He called from the other room.

Grabbing the mug unnecessarily tight, I plopped the tea on the hot water and placed it in front of him. Next to his right foot.

Mark glared at me but he did take off his feet from my table. We hadn't talked since he came in.

Fifteen minutes ago.

The silence was uncomfortable and the air was tense all around us. Still, Mark looked at the tea and then smiled at me, "no sugar?"

Argh! I was not his freaking maid!

With a tight, yet fake smile, I muttered, "I don't have any."

"Tsk. No need to be so friendly, cali g-"

"To what do I owe the honor of having you here, Mark?" I cut him in before he finished the stupid name he had been calling me.

Mark's eyes sparkled amused as he smiled at me. He leaned on the white couch and crossed his arms in silence.

Oh. He's enjoying this too much.

"I wanted to pay a visit to my brother's...friend."

Girlfriend. I wanted to correct him. But I had no idea if Scott was planning to let anyone else know about that.

He watched me in silence. I was struggling to maintain a composed face, but to be honest, I wasn't sure if I had to feel angry, honored or annoyed. I was a feeling all three, but I was trying not to show it...

"I came to talk to you about Scott." He finally said after eyeing me from head to toe several times. I was really starting to freak out about it.

"What about him?" I mimicked his position and crossed my arms leaning myself on the loveseat in front of him.

"Are you guys dating?" His eyes never left me. He hadn't even acknowledged the rest of the room or anything beside me.

I sighed. "Yes, I believe we are." What is it to you? I wanted to really ask.

Mark narrowed his eyes and kept studying me for a minute or so. "Are you absolutely sure?"

My nostrils flared and I pinched my nose. "Do I need to confirm it?"