six: guilty

six: guilty

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀He lied. Conner lied about treating me like a disease. At home, he was nice and acted like I actually mattered, but school was a little whole other story. He treated me the same if not worse.

Today when I was passing his lunch table, his "friends" threw paper balls at me. When I had turned around, Conner had launched a spoonful of Mac n' cheese at me. That happened today, Friday, only three days after I had helped him. Later at home he had explained that his friends made him do it, but did they really?

After all I did to help him take attention off of the video and fix coach problem. Last Tuesday was the big day, the day our plan took action.

"You ready, Mar," Conner asks quickly glancing from the road to me.

"As I'll ever be. I really hope this works," I sigh and stare out the window.

"You don't have to do this, Mar. I'm the one who got angry, and Kylie just so happened to record it."

"Not to mention post it and totally ruin your soccer career," I say under my breath so he doesn't hear me. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating by saying she ruined his soccer career, but I felt I needed to exaggerate.

There may be a part of the plan that Conner doesn't know about. The plan may or may not involve Kylie Andrews.

"I'm going to do it, Con. No matter what you say, I'm going through with the plan."

As soon as we pull into the school parking lot, my heart rate picks up. I honestly have no idea if the coach will buy our plan, but I'm hopeful. I'm no evil genius, in fact, I'm surprised I'm even going through with my plan. Well, the part about Kylie not the coach part.

"Good luck, Mar." Conner replies before making his way towards Kylie and the other populars. And so the Conner who thinks I'm a disease ensues.

Grabbing my bag, I make my way into the school and straight for the athletic department. The athletic offices are adjacent to the gym which is one of my least favorite parts of the school. As a sophomore, gym is a required class we have to take.

Before I head for the offices, I enter the girl's locker room to conduct my plan for Kylie. Kylie's a sophomore like me and we have gym together. Everyday Kylie leaves gym fifteen minutes early to shower. Fortunately, for me, she leaves her shampoo bottle in the locker room which is where my plan comes in.

Kylie Andrews is a model with the perfect blonde hair, perfect complexion, and the perfect form. Kylie models with an agency here in California. She's very well known in the modeling world.

I pour pink hair dye in Kylie's shampoo bottle. I quickly get rid of the hair dye bottle so nobody can link the prank back to me. Now that plan one is complete, time to carry out plan two.

Exiting the locker room, I make sure nobody sees me leaving. I hurry to the athletic offices. Once I know I've made it out safely, I try to calm my racing heart. The adrenaline is coursing through me right now. I cannot wait for sixth period when we have gym.

"Can I help you?" Coach Myers walks up to me as he heads towards his office. I follow him inside of the highly decorated office. Soccer pictures align the wall with multiple trophies sitting on a shelf above his desk.