Chapter 23

I was sleeping like a baby when I thought I heard the alarm on my phone. I felt like I was still sleeping, so I wasn't sure if I was dreaming or not. I was probably dreaming since the annoying sound ceased after a while. I managed to fall asleep again, pretty sure that it was a dream, since the sound stopped without me doing anything. I turned around in bed to get more comfortable when I bumped my head into something. I forced myself to open one eye, and that's when I remembered.

“Harry!” I almost shouted. He didn't answer, just groaned and pulled the duvet over his head.

“Did you put the alarm on snooze?” I said and had to climb over him to get out of the bed. I took his second groan as a yes. I pulled the duvet away from his face, making the curls spread out slightly on his face.

“Harry, it's time to get up,” I said and shook him slightly. No reaction.

“Come on, I don't have time for this.” Still no reaction.

“Fine,” I said and grabbed my pillow and hit him in the head with it. I knew that it woke him, but he didn't let it show. Except a little smile. I hit him again.

“Wake up sleepyhead!” I laughed as I continued to gently hit him with the pillow. I let out a sigh when he still tried his hardest to pretend he was sleeping. If I just walked away, he wouldn't find the situation so funny anymore. I stretched myself over him so I could place my pillow back, and that's when he wrapped his arms around me and literally lifted me back to my side of the bed.

“NO!” I laughed.

“Let's stay home today. We can watch movies all day long if you want. Please, just don't force me to get up,” he said and closed his eyes again.

“Don't you dare fall asleep again,” I said and gently poked him on the cheek. He smiled and that's when I saw my chance. I finally got to poke that dimple. He opened one eye after I did so, looking confused. I just laughed and broke free from his grip.

“Seriously, we gotta go,” I said and climbed over him for the second time. He finally sat up, rubbing his eyes.

“I'll make us some breakfast,” I said and walked towards the kitchen.

As I stood there and putted some butter on my sandwich, I suddenly felt hands gripping my waist from behind.

“I'm awake,” he said and placed a sweet kiss on my neck, right below the messy bun (which was even more messy now). I turned around to look at him.

“Well, it took you a while. Are you always like thi..” I said, but couldn't continue. My cheeks got attacked by that red color again and I swiftly turned back. He wasn't wearing any shirt, just his pajamas pants.

“Like what?” he asked, knowing exactly why I turned away from him.

“Well, so hard to wake.” He grabbed my shoulders and turned me back again, so we stood face to face. My cheeks even more red than before.

“You're pretty when you blush,” he said and leaned in to kiss my cheek, before grabbing one of the sandwiches I'd made.

He sat in the passenger seat as I drove my car. I could see in the corner of my eye how he looked at me most of the time. Just looking out the window a few times. I got enough after a few minutes.

“What?” I asked and looked at him.

“What?” he asked back.

“What are you looking at?” I asked and looked back at the road.

“You.”

“Why?”

“Because you're pretty. And I like that concentrated look on your face. You're pretty when you have it.”

I could see how people where looking at us as we entered the parking lot. Amber Carter and Harry Styles? Now, that's a weird combination, right? I turned off the engine and looked at Harry.

“Thanks for the ride,” he said and kissed my cheek. I could hear that someone whistled at us. I blushed, again. This was kind of embarrassing. I became a bit more calm when I saw that it was one of Harry's friends that whistled. Harry just laughed and waved at him. This was going to be an awkward day, for sure.

I stepped out of the car and locked it. Harry waited for me to catch up a few steps ahead. He grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers.

“Harry, are you sure you want to do that? I mean, with Jennifer and all?” I asked. I had to admit that I was the one that was scared. Scared of all the attention we might get.

“I don't mind. Do you?”. I though about it for a few seconds. I wasn't really sure where we were standing. I mean. Were we a couple now? I mean, we had told each other that we'd fallen in love with each other and all.

“Well, it's just that people might think that we are...” I trailed off, hoping he would know what I meant. He tilted his head to the side and frowned.

“A couple?” he added.

“Well, yes.”

“Well, aren't we?” he asked.

“I mean, at least I thought so,” he added and slowly let go of my hand.

“Yes. Yes we are. I just wasn't sure if you wanted that.” He smiled and grabbed my hand again.

“Of course I do. Like I said yesterday, I'm in love with you.” He lifted our intertwined hands to his mouth and gently kissed the back of my hand. I couldn't even explain how happy I was in that moment.

We entered the school hand in hand. Yes, people were looking, probably in shock since the break up between Jennifer and Harry wasn't that known. I think. He followed me to my locker, and didn't let go of my hand until we got there. Kelly was in her usual place.

“Good morning Kelly,” I said. She didn't answer me, just shut her locker with a bang and walked away.

“What's up with her?” Harry asked and followed her with his gaze as she made her way down the hallway.

“I don't know. She's acting weird nowadays.”

“Maybe it's that time of the month. Nothing to worry about,” he said with a grin.

“Harry!” I laughed and gently boxed his shoulder.

“Well, I have to go. But, I'll see you at lunch?”

“Okay,” I said and blushed for the five hundred and forty-second time that morning when he kissed my forehead and left. I swiftly grabbed my things and headed for class before more people could stare at me.  

Please Vote and Comment ;)