1.2

CHAPTER TWO

A funny thing happened on the way to Thor's hammer

- - - - -

The car ride to New Mexico, Puente Antiguo, was a long one. The uneven desert covered ground made the black jeep jump with every move. Ana held onto the arm rest that was attached to the door with a death grip as Phil smiled at the sound of the radio, his fingers tapping on the steering wheel unaffected by the rough terrain.

Ana turned her head, clenching her jaw when the car jerked up then dropped back down. "Phil, if you don't find a smooth road to drive on, I'm going to hurl." She said calmly, though her eye twitched.

Phil just smiled at her, "There's one up ahead right next to the gas station. Just sit tight." He said before turning his focus back on the road.

Back at base, assigned agents were prepping the gear and other equipment in need for the operation. Phil insisted that he and Ana go first to confirm the object that fell from the sky was there. It was beginning to get dark and Ana pointed at the gas station, "There it is." Phil nodded and swerved the car to the left, stopping near a gas pump.

They both got out of the car and Phil pushed the numbers in on the machine, putting the petrol pipe into the car. Ana zipped her leather jacket up as they walked into the mini store. They smiled politely at the woman at the cashier and Phil took out a twenty dollar bill, "Go ahead and grab a snack." He smiled and she took it.

"Thank you." She walked over to the freezer and grabbed a water bottle and a juice. She then joined Phil where he was bent down, holding two types of frosted donuts in his hands. She watched as he looked at them, deciding on which one to get. She chuckled and leaned against the shelf, "You need help there, Coulson?" She teased and he sighed showing her the donuts.

"I don't know which one to take." He said. Her head perked up when two men entered the store with shotguns and a bag. Armed robbers. She crouched down next to Phil out of there view and listened.

"Hands up! Don't move!" One of the men yelled to the cashier. The woman held her hands up away from the phone and looked at the men in fear. "Who else is here? Who owns that car outside?!" The other man shouted. The woman kept quiet as Phil and Ana stood up.

"We do." Phil replied and the man turned around at the sound of his voice, aiming his gun at the two.

Ana shrugged, completely at ease. "It's really more like a lease." She said.

The man pointing his gun at the woman jerked his head, "Toss the keys over here, lady." He told Ana. She put her hands out in front of her as Phil gave her the keys, "Okay, okay." She sighed.

Ana threw them to the men and one caught the keys before they turned back to the woman. "Empty the cash register." He put the bag on the counter, "Start filling this bag with cigarettes." He ordered.

Phil took out his gun, holding the handle with two fingers, "Excuse me... I also have this gun. You'll probably be needing that." The men snapped their guns and faced him.

"Put it down! Right now!"

"Put the gun down now!"

Ana held her hands up that carried the drinks, posing like a normal civilian as Phil waved his hands, "I don't want any trouble." He assured and Ana suppressed a laugh, merely ducking her head. The man glared at him, though his eyes were wary, "Toss the piece over here, man."

Ana scoffed at that, "I'd prefer him not to through it, risk the gun accidentally going off." She said moving her hands around.

Phil nodded at her logic, "Maybe I can slide it over?" He suggested and the men nodded hastily.

"Slide it over to my feet and don't try anything funny." The man warned, his voice hostile.

"Okay, I'm just gonna move over to this aisle." Phil moved his hand as he stepped away from Ana to the next aisle, "And i'm going to slide it over to you." He bent down and nodded at Ana discreetly. She nodded back as he slid the gun over to the man.

Phil grabbed a bag of flour and threw it at the man that was aiming his gun at Ana. She used his blindness and sent the drinks from her hands so it hit his wrist and forehead, knocking the gun out of his grip and pushing him against the counter. Phil charged at the other man, kicking his gun away and punching him.

Ana knocked him out with a swift elbow to the side of his head as Phil took the shotgun and used it to knock his opponent out. Both the men fell to the floor unconscious. Ana breathed out and picked the drinks up as Phil took the keys of the floor, dropping the shotgun on the counter when he straightened up.

"Sorry for the mess." He apologised to the woman who was still in shock with her hands lowering.

Ana smiled and placed the drinks on the counter as he took out the frosted donuts. He looked down at the snacks and shrugged, "I couldn't decide." He said.

Ana pulled out the twenty dollar bill and placed it on the counter, "Keep the change." She smiled. Phil grabbed the donuts while Ana grabbed the drinks, they went to leave when the woman stopped them. "Wait." She called. The agents turned and looked at her curiously.

The woman looked at them with wide eyes, "What should I tell the police?" She asked unsure.

Phil shrugged, "Tell them those Tae-Bo tapes really paid off." He answered.

Ana gave her a smile and tipped her head in farewell, "Have a nice day." They walked out of the shop and hopped into the car, on their way to the crater.

-   -   -   -   -

Hello! This part is from the one-shot that was made before Thor. I really love the way Phil handled the robbers in this. So, tell me what you think and I'll be back with another chapter. Bye!