1.4

CHAPTER FOUR

Thor, the God of Thunder

- - - - -

Ana was dressed in her usual suit, a mix between Clint's and Natasha's since they were her partners. Her feature colour was blue, the leather gloves on her hands only covered her palms, and straps holding her signature daggers were around her thighs. She tucked in two pistols behind her back on her belt.

There was a problem a few miles away from where she was at the base. A giant metal machine was destroying everything in its path. At first, Phil thought it was Stark Tech, but after the machine blasted their company cars into the sky, they thought otherwise. Agents were going nuts when they heard it came from the sky. Ana was curious, first a hammer and now this? What the hell was going on?

"Hey, kid. You ready?" Clint joined her now in his suit, everything including the purple shades.

Ana held his bow for him when he readjusted his vest. "I don't know, I haven't really dealt with this sort of stuff." She mumbled, looking away.

Clint took his bow and placed a hand on her shoulder, getting her to look back at him. "Neither have I. Don't worry, I'm with you on this, alright?"

Ana sent him a smile, and nodded appreciatively. "Alright."

They ran outside where a jeep was waiting for them and drove off. Ana sat in the passenger seat and looked out the window. She could see smoke and fire up ahead, even felt the rumble of the ground when it shook. Whatever it was, it was big.

Clint stopped suddenly when a lightning strike sounded. Ana's hands flew to the dashboard and she unintentionally dented it when she braced herself. She sent Clint a curious glance and he pointed out the window to the tornado.

"How is that even possible?" Ana mumbled.

Phil came up to them and Clint looked around outraged, "What the hell happened here?" He asked over the sounds of sirens.

Phil looked at him as he pointed at the small town with a tornado in the middle of it, "I'd be happy to show you. It's about twenty minutes that way." He said.

Ana looked at the town and frowned. "What about the civilians? Are they safe?" She asked.

Coulson nodded, "Agents Delancey and Jackson reported that the whole town had evacuated." He turned to the other agents and cupped his hands over his mouth, "Any field agent able to walk and fire a gun, I need you to pick a car and ride with me! Right now!" He called out. Every agent instantly compiled and they drove off to town.

Ana's mouth opened in shock when she saw the blond guy that infiltrated base earlier, flying in a red cape and swinging the not-so-heavy hammer, attracting lighting to it. "That's not normal." She shook her head. Clint nodded, his own mouth open in amazement.

They all watched as Thor jammed his hammer deep into the Destroyer's faceplate. The fiery energy within the creature built up and exploded within him, firing out of all his openings. Thor smashed the Destroyer to the ground in a heap, the energy within it extinguished forever.

Ana and Clint pulled up behind Coulson's car when he got out. They hanged back as he spoke to the God of Thunder. "Donald... I don't think you've been completely honest with me." He chastised. Ana couldn't look away, she almost fought a god. Natasha wasn't going to believe her.

"Know this, son of Coul. You and I, we fight for the same cause - the protection of this world. From this day forward you can count me as your ally." Thor told him then stepped back next to Jane, "If you return the items you have taken from Jane."

"Stolen." Jane stated.

"Borrowed." Coulson corrected and Ana smirked. Jane shot him a look and Coulson quickly continued, "You'll get your equipment back. You're going to need it to continue your research." He replied and she nodded, pleased.

Thor then stepped forward, bowing his head at Ana specifically. "I'm sorry if I frightened you earlier. I would never hit a lady." He smiled small. Ana was still in shock at the god and when Clint nudged her, she snapped out of her daze.

"Oh, uh, it's okay..." Ana stumbled on her words, her cheeks tinting pink in embarrassment as Clint held in his laughter.

Thor smiled, "What's your name?" He asked politely.

She smiled back. "Ana. Ana Michaels."

"Well Lady Ana, it's a pleasure." Thor grinned.

He wrapped his arm around Jane's waist, pulling her flush against him. Jane let out a sound of surprise, and beamed up at him. "Would you like to see the bridge we spoke of?" He smiled at her.

Jane nodded, "Sure." She smiled back, her eyes shining with wonder. Thor grinned and waved his hammer and not a second later, they flew up into the air.

Phil stepped forward hastily, "Wait! I need to debrief you!" He called but it was too late.

Hogun, Volstagg, Fandral and Sif all looked at the weapons Ana and Clint carried in curiosity. "What unusual looking piece of machinery." Volstagg chuckled deeply, his hands on his belly. He showed his axe and looked like he was going to tell a long story though Sif stopped him.

"We must follow Thor, for he will need our help." She told him and Erik Selvig, Darcy and Sif and the Warriors Three hoped into their own van and sped off after them. The agents let them leave, they had bigger problems to deal with.

Ana was the first to move, she stepped up to the Destroyer and kicked it's foot. Clint and Phil joined her. She looked up as she touched the warm metal of his foot, "Hey Coulson, I've just encountered an extraterrestrial object.'" She joked. Clint chuckled and turned to Phil who was smiling.

"You want to try to lift this one too?"

-   -   -   -   -

And that's the end of the Thor phase! I hope you liked it and please comment what you thought! The Avengers phase will be next and I am really exciting to start writing on it.

Q: Asgard or Midgard?