seven: unknown

seven: unknown

⠀⠀⠀⠀The annoying sound of my alarm clock wakes me up on this Saturday morning. I meant to shut the alarm off last night, but I forgot as I got carried away in a text conversation with Jackson.

I suddenly sit up on my bed causing the room to spin. I need to learn to not do that. But anyways...

Jackson. Saturday. The 'date'.

I wouldn't necessarily call it a date, but either way it's today. I glance at my clock which reads six thirty-five. Grumbling, I slide back under the covers, but to my dismay I don't fall back asleep. I'm too excited for the events that are happening today.

Nearly an hour later, I crawl out of bed and make my way down the marble staircase to find some breakfast. I walk into the kitchen and greet the staff.

"Good morning, Marley," Rosaline, one of the best cooks in this house, greets me. I've become quite close with this female companion. We're two of the few females living under this roof.

"Morning, Rosie," I reply sitting at the island. Despite the fact that this house is a mansion, the kitchen is an ordinary kitchen, minus the size. The size is double–maybe triple–the size of an ordinary kitchen.

"Would you like your usual?" Rosaline asks me heading towards the cupboard.

"Yes, please," I watch as she grabs Frosted Flakes from the cupboard and the milk from the fridge. Though I disagree, Rosaline won't let me serve myself as it's her job. I've tried multiple times, but she won't allow it.

Once my cereal is poured, Rosaline hands me the bowl before taking a seat across from me. I had told Rosaline about my 'date' with Jackson a few days ago, but we had to stop discussing the matter as Conner had come home.

"So, what are your plans for today," Rosaline asks raising her dark eyebrows.

Looking around for any sign of Conner, I deem it's safe considering the time. Conner never wakes up before 10, and if he does, he's mister grumpy pants so we prefer him to sleep in.

"Well," I start after swallowing my bite of Frosted Flakes. "I'm meeting Jackson at the park and then I guess we're going to lunch." I shrug. "I'm not exactly sure the plans for today," I shove another spoonful of cereal in my mouth.

"Sounds exciting," Rosaline smiles squeezing my hand. Honestly, Rosaline is like my mother here in California. She reminds me a lot of my mother, actually. The selfless character of Rosie mirrors the selflessness of my mother. My mother never put herself before anyone else, always serving and giving making sure everyone around her was happy. Rosaline is the same–always serving and making sure we're taken care of before her needs are met. Not to mention both women are gorgeous inside and out.

"I'm very excited," I shoot her a genuine smile before taking another bite of my breakfast. "We're meeting there in two hours," my nerves escalate at the thought.

"Well, you better hurry and finish your breakfast and so you can get ready," Roasline ushers me to finish my cereal.

As I finish my cereal, Rosaline and I talk about the most random things from breakfast foods to summer activities. I quickly finish my bowl of cereal which Rosaline takes from me before I can clean the bowl myself.

I open my mouth to protest, but Rosaline's hand shoots up ushering me to stop.

"Marley," she starts as she rinses out my bowl. "As I've said plenty of times before, this is my job." She sends me a smile over her shoulder before shooing me off to my room to get ready.