Chapter 39: Miss Mystic Falls Part II

A/N- Before I start I wanna give a special shout out to CarmenBrummond who votes for all of the chapters in this book. I really appreciate it. You rock! Now on with the chapter XD

Holly blinked as she stared at the ceiling and then hugged the covers closer to her chest. Today was the Miss Mystic Falls Pageant. She remembered that it was her mom and Elena's favorite event of the Founders celebration. It wasn't Holly's favorite, she just felt that the whole thing was so old fashion and no matter how much Miranda had tried to coax her into it, she just felt that she didn't fit in and it didn't help that she wasn't such a good dancer.

To be honest she wasn't in the mood for going anywhere, but bed. She had spent all night yesterday practicing with Elena as her dancing partner and soothing Elena's fears that she was going to mess up. She still hadn't told Elena that Jeremy knew about vampires and Jeremy had been ignoring Holly as well.

I'll tell her after the pageant, Holly promised herself, Elena was stressed enough already.

"Pretty dress." Holly joked as Elena walked down the stairs holding a plastic garment bag. In true Holly hadn't seen the dress at all because Elena had wanted it to be a surprise.

Elena smiled. "Thanks, can you help me with my makeup bag, my hands are full."

Holly nodded as she took the bag.

"All set?" Alaric paused when he looked at Holly. It was the first time that they had seen each other since the night that Holly had left. "Holly, welcome back."

"Hi, Ric." Holly replied. "Are we going in your car?"

Ric nodded. "This way,"

The girls walked outside towards the car and Holly was surprised when Ric asked. "So, how's Stefan?"

Elena noticed the surprised look on Holly's face and she said. "He knows." she turned back to Ric. "He's doing fine, it's been a little difficult, but he's fine, honest."

"Hey, buddy." John followed them, surprised to see Alaric. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm the chauffeur." Alaric joked as he put Elena's dress in the back seat of the car.

John looked confused. "I thought I was driving."

"No, we're going with Ric," Jenna said curtly as she led Holly and Elena towards the car. "You can ride with Jeremy."

Holly was waiting downstairs in the Lockwood's house while Jenna helped Elena with her hair, she saw her reflection in the empty parlor. She had worn a pale blue dress and paired it off with nude colored kitten heels. Jenna had helped arranged her dark hair into a small bun. She took a sip of her drink when she noticed a reflection in the back of her. Anna.

Holly narrowed her eyes as Anna crouched on the floor whimpering in pain. "You shouldn't have told Jeremy anything, you shouldn't have, you're going to ruin everything, and I want to keep him safe."

Anna pounced on Holly pushing her again the wall. "You think you're so clever with your little magic tricks." Holly whimpered. "Jeremy deserves way better than you two for sisters."

Anna was suddenly pulled off her. Holly rubbed her throat as she looked at Damon who had pushed Anna against the coffee table. "First my brother and now Holly," Damon dug him nails into Anna's neck. "Bad move."

"Damon." Holly snapped. "Someone will see you."

"You didn't think of that when you two were playing show down did you?" Damon looked at her. "Go with Elena, I need to talk to Anna." Holly was still glaring in Anna's direction. After a brief pause she hissed in Damon's ear. "Do everyone a favor and kill her."

Holly pulled up the zipper of Elena's blue dress, she felt calmer than when she had attacked Anna. She couldn't believe that she had actually attacked a vampire. "All done."

Elena smiled. "Thanks. How do I look?"

"Like Miss Mystic Falls." The door opened and Damon came in.

Elena crossed her arms over her chest. "Damon, you can't be in here."

"We need to talk." He glanced at Holly. "All of us, I'm assuming your sister already told you what those freaky tomb vampires did to Stefan."

She nodded. "Is he all right?"

"Not in so many words."

Elena sat down on the couch. "What do you mean?"

"Stefan is still drinking human blood." Damon admitted. "He has a fridge full of blood bags and with the council breathing down my neck, now it's not a good time for him to be the ripper."

Elena blinked. "No, its Stefan we're talking about, he wouldn't lie to me-"

"It's Stefan on human blood, Elena." Damon corrected. "He'll do anything, he'll say anything because he's not going to want to stop."

"Isn't there a way to stop it?" Holly inquired.

Damon was about to respond when the door clicked open and Stefan came in. He frowned. "What's going on?"

"I have just been filling Elena on your recent love for blood," Damon saw Stefan's smile faltered. "We'll leave you two alone, Holly and I will wait outside."

"What do you mean Stefan left?" Holly asked Elena fifteen minutes later once they were both standing in the dressing room again.

"That's it, he just left." Elena closed her eyes. "I have no idea, where he is and if what Damon said it's true . . . I have to find him before he hurts anyone."

Holly grabbed her wrist. "What about the pageant?"

"Who cares about the pageant?"

"Elena, mom wouldn't have wanted you to miss this," Holly urged. "Not to mention that Caroline would kill you if you do. Can't Stefan wait?"

"No, he can't." Elena said firmly. "I know why don't you take my place?"

"You can't sent in a replacement."

"No, silly you can pretend to be me," Elena said as it were obvious. "You can dance in the pageant while I go look for Stefan."

"Elena." Holly answered flatly. "Switching places worked when we were five. Besides I don't even know the steps."

"You practice the steps with me last night." Elena said unzipping herself out of her dress. "If anyone can be me it's you."