Chapter 9

I climbed up the ladder and on to the roof. Oh gosh! That's farther than I thought. I looked over the edge and saw the guards in a panic. Then, all but one ran inside. The one left behind started walking all around the outside of the building. Okay. This is my chance!

I waited until he reached the opposite side of the building, then I ran towards the edge and jumped. Floating through the air, I snapped my eyes shut and then my face met tile.

Envy's POV
Two hours. I've been standing outside Mustang's office for two hours. The guards were constantly on alert and they weren't letting anyone in or out. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... how am I supposed to get (y/n) back, if I can't even get inside the damn building? Suddenly, an angry guard shouted from the steps.

"The girl has gone missing! We need more units inside!" All but one of the guards ran inside. I started to walk forward, but saw a figure jump onto the roof of the building I was hiding behind.

Smart. They would never guess she would jump roofs. I quickly climbed the wall and onto the roof. (Y/n) was holding her head and had a scratch on her cheek. Walking up to her I held out my hand. She looked up, took my hand, and hugged me. Well, more like squeezed the living hell out of me.

"What are you doing here!?" She whisper-yelled.

"Rescuing you."

"You know they're waiting for you. They could hurt you."

"Does it matter. I got you back."

"You've changed since I first met you."

"You have yourself to blame for that."

"Blame? Is it a bad thing?"

"Ugh. Yes.....maybe......no."

She let go of me and climbed onto my back. I started jumping from rooftop to rooftop, away from the military building. Her arms loosened around my neck, signaling that she had fallen asleep. I held onto her tighter.

~Time Skip~

When (y/n) woke up, I was taking her back to her room in the underground city.

"Yay. We're home." She mumbled sleepily.

"Home?"

"Yea. Although, where ever you are is home enough for me." I looked down as we entered her room. I sat her down on her bed and sat in front of her.

"Why do you stay here? I'm the villain. You should have..." I was cut off by her lips meeting mine. My eyes widened in surprise. Her lips were soft and delicate, like rose petals and her eyes we're closed. The kiss only lasted about three seconds, leaving much to be desired and she stared into my eyes. Her (e/c) eyes filled with determination, hope, sadness, despair, and something I couldn't place. All those emotions whirling in her eyes made them look like deep, intricate, swirling pools. I sat staring into them, transfixed by their subtle, dark beauty.

"I don't see things as "good" or "evil". All I see is you and me. The way we go about things may be different and we may disagree if they may be "right" or "wrong", but that's how life is. Your supposed to live life doing what you think is best. If you don't, there is no guarantee that you will be happy."

"Can you.... can you say those words again?" After a few seconds she replied.

"I love you, Envy." I pulled her into a hug and held her close.

"I love you, (y/n)." She pulled away slightly and pressed our lips together again. It wasn't a short one either.

Your POV
He finally said it. He finally knows how he feels. I knew he wanted more than a short kiss, but I wanted to keep him guessing. Of course, with him being stronger than me, my dominance wouldn't last long. He grabbed my wrists and pushed me into my back.

Third Person POV
Envy's desire grew. He ran his fingers through her silky, soft hair. She wrapped her arms around his neck. Of course, they were busy for a while and then, the door opened.

"Envy," Lust said, emotionless, "when you're done there, there's a job Father wants you to do."

"Tch, fine. I'll go talk to him in a minute." Lust walked out. Somehow, they ended up with her in his lap, her arms draped over his shoulders. His arms were around her waist and back. They detangled and (y/n) followed Envy to the door.

"Can I come with?" She said in a happy voice.

"Tch. Okay." The truth was, Envy was happy she wanted to come. On the way, they held hands.

______________________________________________________________

(A/n) I'm so sorry for not updating! (>w<). I had this chapter, the next chapter, and the epilogue all planned out and written down in my notebook. I was just to lazy to type it up. You can thank goddess_of-fabulous for telling me to update. Since I have the next chapter ready I will type it up now and hopefully get it up today too.