Chapter 9

(1 week later)

[SKYLAR'S POV]

"Harry Potter we have OWLs tomorrow! You will sit here and study, not go off and have fun in Hogsmeade!" I yelled at Harry and Hermione nodded her head in agreement.

"But Skye! It will only take, I don't know, an hour? Maybe less? Please?!" Harry begged, only causing me to resist more.

"Harry James Potter do you want to be an auror when you grow up or not? If you do, I would suggest trying to pass your OWLs rather than blow them off!" I yelled. I was getting extremely frustrated with this boy's stubbornness. He always complained about his poor grades but did nothing about them. "You too, Ron!" I yelled as Ron moved to get up from his spot in the grass.

It was a wonderful Sunday afternoon and the majority of students attending Hogwarts were in Hogsmeade enjoyin their free day before testing.

"But Skye--"

"No buts, Ronald. You can go to Hogsmeade next weekend and that's FINAL" I seethed. Honestly, how did these two expect to pass if they didn't study. I wasn't asking them to study until they were positive they'd get 'O's, just a passing grade.

"Skye, what kind of job do you want?" Harry asked once his curiosity finally got the best of him.

I smiled. I had been thinking about what I wanted to do since I was six years old. "I would absolutely love to be a Healer! I used to want to play Quidditch, but seeing how I can't even make the House team, I have up."

"Why a Healer? You hate people!" Ron shouted, earning a playful punch.

"I do NOT hate people - only the occasional person! My dad was a Healer and he always told me that if I couldn't make it as a Chaser, he wanted me to follow in his footsteps and be as awesome of a Healer as he was."

I looked at Harry and I immediately felt horrible. Harry had a look on his face that would mae a sad puppy look like happy.

"Hey, Harry, let's take a walk, yeah?" I asked as Hermione and Ron started talking about their parents' jobs and their own dream jobs.

He reluctantly got up and followed me to the lake and I put my arm around his shoulders.

"Harry, I know it's hard for you, but you need to know that Ron and Hermione don't understand what it's like to live life without parents. Their parents have always only been a second away. I know how you feel Harry, I really do; when my father was killed, mum cut herself off from Rob and me for over a month. Then, when Rob came back to Hogwarts, I had no one, I was completely alone. I sat at home every day and cried because no one would comfort me. No one was there for me when I needed someone most. So, trust me when I say I understand what you're dealing with. If you ever need anything, anything at all, just let me know. If you ever wanted to come over during a break, mum would be more than thrilled to have you. When she learned that I was friends with you she nearly flipped out of her skin" I smiled and rubbed his back.

"Thanks Skye" Harry choked out and I could tell it took everything he had to hold back his tears. "I might just take you up on that offer" he said half-joking. Harry gave me a hug, but it was cut short when we heard Ron yell, "Oi! Keep your hands off her mate!"

"I'm going to head back and make sure those two are behaving" I laughed. "You coming?"

"I suppose" he shrugged, though I noticed he couldn't stop the corners of his mouth from twitching up ever so slightly. At least he appreciated my poor sense of humor, unlike Ron who didn't even acknowledge my attempted jokes.

I sat down by Ron and practically forced him to study. He rolled his eyes and I heard him mutter, "I swear, you're worse than Hermione sometimes." I ruffled his hair, kissed his cheek, and announced that I would be going inside.

"What? Noooooooo" Ron whined, trying to pull me back down, and I chuckled.

"Oh, you have Harry and Hermione to keep you company. I'm sure you can live without me until dinner." I stuck my tongue out at him like I had always done to my dad when I was younger and walked away.

On my way inside, I ran into two more Weasley's. "Fred, George. What might you two be plotting this time?" I asked quietly.

"Well little sister" they started, making me blush - the twins have been calling me their little sister since Ron and I started dating. "Let's just say you should be expecting a little surprise during your exams tomorrow afternoon." George threw me a quick wink before continuing to plot whatever he and Fred intended on doing. Those two are a piece of work sometimes.

I walked through the castle to the Gryffindor common room and murmered the password. "Mimulus Mimbletonia"

I stepped inside, rushed to my dormitory, and plopped down on my bed to study. I knew I wouldn't get anything done unless I was alone. I took my potions books out of my trunk and got to work.

I studied everything from bezoars and dragon blood to Draught of Peace and Strengthening Solution and, before I knew it, it was almost time for dinner. I threw my books back in my trunk and sprinted down to the Great Hall.

"Foooooooooood!" I screeched as I took my seat and piled everything I could reach onto my plate.

"Bloody hell, Skye, you've been gone for over five hours! Where have you been?" Ron practically screamed as he took his seat next to me.

"Been studying" I said through a mouthful of food. "We have potions tomorrow, you know, and I'd like to pass." I said simply before turning back to my plate and devouring the heap of food in front of me.

"Miss Smith" I turned around and saw Snape giving me a strange look. "Have enough to eat?"

I snorted and replied, "Oh yes, Professor. I'm just hungry from all the studying I've been doing for potions tomorrow, you see."

"Very well. Oh and Miss Smith? Five points from Gryffindor for being a butt-kisser" Snape drawled as he walked away and I resisted my urge to throw mashed potatoes at the back of his greasy head. Instead I decided to give him the finger. Very mature, I know.

I finished eating and told everyone goodnight. Ron pouted whenI stood up and I tried not to laugh at him, I really did, but his face was just too cute. I burst out laughing, earning a scowl from Ron.

I left the Great Hall only to run into Malfoy. "Hey! Sky--Smith!" he corrected himself when he saw the glare I shot him. "Smith, sorry. Hey, I just wanted to wish you luck on the potions exam tomorrow" he told me and my gaze softened. The little ferret was only trying to be nice.

"Oh, oh, alright. Well, thanks, Malfoy. You too, although it't not like you need it" I smirked and he shrugged.

"It's true" he agreed.

I rolled my eyes and walked back to the common room. I took a quick shower and hopped in bed, knowing I would need my sleep to do well.

I was most definitely not ready to take this exam tomorrow.

------

-Comment

-Fan

-Vote

-Share

Do whatever!(:

Help me make my story better!