Different Sense: 21

The hideous King grinned at Lothiriel as he held onto her like she was some sort of prize. By now oxygen was getting hard to take in and Lothiriel was very close to fainting.

“What now, little King?” The Goblin King shook his fist as Lothiriel swayed from side to side in his grasp. “What will you do now that I have your little companion?” He laughed at his own words, as Lothiriel's vision was well and truly turning black. Thorin was about to charge but Gandalf intervened, he stepped out and looked as deadly serious as he possibly could.

“What now, wizard? What will you do to defeat me?”

There was a brief expression of contemplation which flitted across Gandalf's face. Out of all possible actions he could have taken, he instead went for the obvious. He poked the yellow, dirty eye of the King. He then slashed across the large stomach, this made the King relinquish his grip on Lothiriel, and fall to his knees clutching at his wound.

Through good timing, Thorin stepped forward and caught Lothiriel's barely conscious form. She let out a struggled breath while reaching up and gripping onto his shoulder.

Gandalf looked pleased with his action for a moment before striking the Goblin King in the throat. The huge form leant backwards for a second before momentum caused it to continue falling backwards. The Goblin King crashed through the unstable rickety bridge.

Taking this moment as an opportunity, the group commenced their escape again. The bridge which the Goblin King had collapsed against happened to crash and fall and collide with everything on the way down. Eventually it fell to the ground with a loud thud.

“Only daylight can save us now.” Gandalf proclaimed distantly.

“And where do we find that?” Thorin asked while taking an awkward step forward. He was still after all, carrying Lothiriel who was slowly coming round. Although she still kept a very tight hold on him.

Gandalf looked around before flitting off with everyone following closely behind him. When everyone skidded to a halt for a second, Lothiriel awkwardly climbed out of Thorin's arms. Holding out her hand, she grinned when his hand enveloped hers. She picked up running and gave a pull, Thorin responded by tightening his grip on her hand as they all ran through a small passage way.

Suddenly the darkness was gone and sunlight replaced it. Wincing from the warm rays of light, they came to a clearing that Gandalf established was safe enough for them to gather themselves. 

Lothiriel leant her hand against her knee, she did try getting her other hand free but it seemed like Thorin was having other ideas. Looking up, she squinted and suddenly gave a jolt. “Where's Bilbo?” She wriggled her hand free and turned on her heels looking for the hobbit.

“We lost him...I lost him!” She said despairingly while putting her hands over her mouth. “We were together when you all got taken,” Lothiriel turned and looked at them all. “But he fell down a pit and I couldn't see him, so I came looking for you all instead.” She explained sadly.

Gandalf stepped forward to try and calm her down when she turned and went to walk back into Goblin Town. The wizard ended up clutching onto her shoulder while she wriggled her arms around trying to get freedom.

Her wriggling stopped though when Bilbo appeared from behind a tree. Lothiriel broke for freedom and ran towards the hobbit, she threw her arms around his neck. “Oh Bilbo! I thought I had lost you, I am so sorry for not coming to find you!” She rushed while tightening her hold on him.

“It's fine, but nope.” Bilbo said while looking at her, because they were of a rather similar height it made them practically eye level with each other. “I am still here.” He directed that statement at Thorin.

“That's a surprise.” Came the response. “I would sooner have thought you'd taken off for home.”

Lothiriel frowned and stepped beside Bilbo with her arms crossed. She mainly did this because Bilbo's expression suddenly turned to one of pure determination.

“Look, I know you doubt me. I know that you always have. I’m not a burglar, and you are right; I miss my books, my hearth, my chair and my garden. But don't you see? That is where I belong, that is my home. But you,” he pointed quickly at Thorin. “You don't have a home, because it was taken from you, and I will help you take it back if I can.” He finished in his stubborn border-lining determined tone, he even added in a nod for good measure.

Bilbo had just gained new found respect from the group, Thorin's eyes dropped to the ground. Guilt and acceptance made him look away from the hobbit. Perhaps Bilbo was stronger and more able than what Thorin had originally given him credit for. This just got further proved by the fact that he did make his own way through Goblin Town.

“We need some place to camp for the night. I don't think here will do.” Thorin turned from the two smallest companions of the group and started walking off.

There was a space a little further down the mountain which seemed to fit their needs for safe shelter for the night. A fire had been lit and its flame caused shadows to flit over the rocks, there was also a much needed meal which naturally didn't last long.

“I am proud of you.” A voice said from behind him. Bilbo looked over his shoulder to see Lothiriel standing behind him with a smile. She quickly crouched down which caused him to half turn to look at her. The light of the fire illuminated her features, Bilbo had originally thought she was kidding. But Lothiriel was being genuine, her amber eyes looked at him proudly.

She tapped him on the arm, scooting over he allowed her room to sit next to him. Bilbo was still feeling highly chuffed with himself before Lothiriel leant close. “I believe we may all be getting ignored.”

“Why do you say that?” Bilbo asked interestedly.

Lothiriel smiled and gave a wink. “A wounded ego, is a terrible thing really.” At this they both glanced at Thorin, who was looking a little sorry for himself. Smiling Lothiriel looked back at Bilbo, who in turn flicked his eyes up to her.

“He really is in a grumpy mood isn't he?”

Lothiriel let out a quiet laugh. “Yes! But...” she trailed off with a frown. Staring at the fire she smiled again. “Everybody needs their ego and pride to be contradicted now and again. I really am proud of you, Bilbo.” Her eyes light up with thanks to the fire before them.