Chapter 2

{Character in picture: Theo James as Vincent "Vince" Havens}

{Song in video: Ke$ha - Boots & Boys}

I went over to my desk, and made some phone calls. Since I didn't want to make anything worse, I barely talked while working this time.

Half an hour later, Chelsea came up to me and yelled, "Surprise bestie!" She had her wavy red hair down, and wore a low-cut red blouse, black mini skirt, fishnet tights, and four inch stiletto heels.

"Hey, BFF!" I exclaimed happily, and we shrieked and hugged.

"Do all white girls do that?" Dante asked, shaking his head at our behavior.

"Who's this?" Chelsea asked, pointing at him.

"Oh, that's Dante. He's a bit of a smart aleck," I replied, smirking at him.

"Hey now, I just say things like I see it," Dante said, laughing.

Chelsea turned back to me. "So, where's the hot boss?" She asked excitedly.

"Oh, good lord," Dante groaned.

"He's in his office," I said, ignoring Dante's remark.

At that moment, Mr. Havens walked out of his office.

"Oh my God! Is that him?!" Chelsea exclaimed.

"Yup," I said, grinning.

Chelsea marched up to him. "Hey there, boss man," she said as she straightened his tie. "I wish my boss looked more like you." She winked at him.

"Okay, who is this?" Mr. Havens said in a harsh tone.

My face fell when I noticed his facial expression. I quickly shook my head at Chelsea, hoping she would take the hint not to say I let her in here.

"I'm Chelsea, Stacey's best friend." Chelsea obviously ignored me, and grinned at him.

Mr. Havens scowled, and marched over to me. "Anastasia, in my office now." Uh-oh.

"Ooh you're so lucky. I'd love to be you!" Chelsea whispered loudly.

I winced, and walked in Mr. Havens office.

"What is she doing here?" Mr. Havens said bluntly.

"Um, she just wanted to see what my job was like-" I started to explain, but just got interrupted.

"Visitors are not allowed without my permission." He gritted his teeth.

"I'm sorry I had no idea-"

"You're dismissed."

"What?" My eyes widened, and my mouth dropped. I'm getting fired already?!

"Go do your job."

"Ohhh." I let out a sigh of relief. Mr. Havens shook his head in disbelief as I walked away.

"I'm sorry Chels, but you have to go," I said, and made a pouty face.

"Aw. Well, at least I met that boss of yours," Chelsea said. "I'll see you later!" She skipped away giddily.

Dante chuckled, shaking his head.

"What's so funny?" I said, arching my eyebrow.

"Oh man. Where do I even begin? 'Hey there boss man I wish my boss looked more like you.'" Dante mimicked Chelsea in a high pitched voice.

I rolled my eyes at Dante's attempt of making fun of my best friend. "Whatever."

"You have to be extra good the next few days." He raised his eyebrows.

"Ugh, that sounds like a lot of work." I had a whiny tone to my voice.

"It is, but you need to get back on his good side."

"What should I do?"

"Well, for starters, don't bring any more crazy naïve friends here."

"Hey, Chelsea is not crazy or naïve!" I gave him a look of disbelief.

"Also, do not screw up."

"I'm human how do I not screw up?" I blinked.

"Just don't do it." He said as if that were a choice.

I sighed. "That's harder than it sounds."

Dante shrugged. "It is what it is." He went back to work, and so did I.

An hour later, my phone buzzed. I looked at it, and noticed it was Chelsea. I looked around, and answered the phone in a whisper, "Hey Chels, is anything wrong?"

"No, nothing wrong at all! Guess who I just saw!" Chelsea shrieked on the phone.

"Um, I don't know, some guy?" I knew Chelsea, so it must have been something like that.

"It's not just some guy. It's Rod!"

I looked over to my side, and noticed Dante trying to gesture something to me. Whenever people did that, I never understood what was happening. I just turned away, and ignored him.

"Oh my gosh, which one? Hot with a bod Rod?!" I shrieked, going back to my conversation.

"Yes, bingo! I see him right now! Can you take a break?"

"When?"

"Now, duh!"

I looked at the time on my phone. "I can't. Lunch isn't until another hour."

Chelsea groaned. "Ugh, but he looks better than ever. You've got to come!"

At that moment, Mr. Havens grabbed my phone, and hung it up. I gasped, and turned around, and saw him glaring down at me. My mouth dropped open, and I felt my face flush.

"Anastasia, I specifically told you yesterday that personal phone calls that are not emergency are not permitted in this building," he said sharply.

"I'm sorry!" I blurted out. I was embarrassed, and didn't know what else to say.

He sternly gave me my phone back, and walked off.

I looked over at Dante and exclaimed, "Why didn't you tell me he was right there?!"

Dante raised his eyebrows. "Really? I was trying to get your attention but you kept talking about Rod with a hot bod," he said.

"Oh...so that's what that was..." I felt extremely stupid. I silently did my work for the rest of the day.

---

After dinner, Chelsea and I went to get ice cream at Leo's since I had another bad day at my new job.

"Mmm, this is the best ice cream ever," I said while eating mint chocolate chip ice cream. It was my favorite ice cream flavor.

"I know right? Cheers for the best ice cream!" Chelsea exclaimed as we raised our ice creams. We were just about to do a toast with our ice cream, but my ice cream smacked onto someone.

"I'm so sorry!" I exclaimed, and looked at the person. To my dismay, it was my boss, Mr. Havens. Oh no! Why him of all people?! My luck couldn't get any worse.

He was still wearing his suit, and the ice cream was all over his shirt and tie. He gave me a very stern look.

"No way, it's the boss from earlier!" Chelsea said giddily to Mr. Havens.

I couldn't have felt any worse. I wished the ground would swallow me whole.

Mr. Havens glared at me. "I'm going to go now. See you tomorrow, Anastasia," he said bitterly.

At least he didn't fire me.

**********

A/N: Yikes poor Stacey...I think I would die if I here her Dx. She's so accident prone!

READ

VOTE

COMMENT