Chapter 6

I felt my insides twist up as I tried to concentrate on Calum. But of course, they had to get a table right next to ours. I cursed to myself and our food came out. I felt really hungry so I dug in. I heard loud laughing and my heart fell when I saw Michael holding the blonde's hand, smiling. He looked over at me then quickly looked away, placing his lips on hers. I dropped my fork and it made a loud noise against the plate. Calum looked at me confused and Michael looked at me the same way.

"I....it must've slipped" I mumbled, picking it back up and violently chewing my food. Michael kept staring at me and I decided to grab Calum's hand. He smiled at me. Michael quickly grabbed the blonde's hand. I rolled my eyes and smiled at Calum.

"Are you having a good time?" He asked, nervously.

"Of course" I replied. He slowly leaned over and his lips found mine. I smiled through the kiss. When we pulled apart, I saw Michael stand up.

"I'm going to the bathroom" he said to the blonde, shooting me a look. But I ignored it.

The bill soon came and Calum payed. We both went out to his car. When we got to the cabin, he gave me a soft kiss and I walked in. I put some sweatpants on along with a tank top. I climbed under the covers from being exhausted, closing my eyes. I don't like Michael. I won't like Michael.

So why can't I stop thinking about him?

-

I woke up, surprised and shocked to see Michael sitting on Jessica's bed.

"Um, what are you doing here...?" I asked, groggily.

"Jessica's my friend too" he snapped. Ouch.

"I asked a question, you didn't have to be so mean" I mumbled.

"How the hell was I being mean?" He asked, crossing his arms. I ignored him, grabbing my clothes.

"I'm getting in the shower...." I mumbled.

"Wait" he said before I could get to the bathroom.

"What?" I asked.

"Last night......" He trailed off, clearing his throat. "Never mind." I gave him a confused look and headed to the shower. What was that all about? I soon finished and put on a pair of jeans and a plain purple shirt. I stepped out and was surprised to see Michael still sitting there. "You aren't coming to the beach?" He asked, almost...frowning?

"Um, I think I'm just gonna hang out here for today" I said.

"Oh" he replied, quietly. Jessica soon came and Michael smiled at her.

"Hey, Mike" she said. "How was the date last night?" She wiggled her eyebrows. I felt my heart beat slow. So it was a date...

"Really well" he said. "I think she really likes me."

"Me too" she replied. "I've never seen you act this way about a girl." He smiled, shoving his hands into his pockets. I cleared my throat and they both looked at me.

"Maybe you should go, Michael" I said, awkwardly.

"Um..why?" He asked.

"Because I need to, uh, talk to Jessica..." I trailed off. He shrugged, leaving.

"What's wrong?" She asked. I sighed.

"Okay, here it is...I know I'm with Calum, and he's a great guy. But I'm having these mixed feelings for Michael. I know I barely know Michael but it feels like all I wanna do is see him. Talk to him. The thing is, at the same time I don't wanna like him. I want to stay as far away from him as possible. What do I do?" I groaned, laying back on my bed. She walked over and sat beside me.

"Okay, I may as well tell you this...that whole thing was an act."

"What?" I asked.

"He only came here to stir you up, and I went along with it. Truth is, he's having the same feelings for you." I felt my heart flutter.

"Really?" I asked quietly.

"Yeah" she replied.

"But what about that blonde girl he took out?" I asked.

"He doesn't really like her...he just wants to make you mad" Jessica replied. I sighed, smiling a little. "Do you like him?" She asked.

"No...yes...no...I don't know" I groaned.

"Well, you're with Calum. So, maybe try not to think about it too much" she replied. I agreed with her words.

I decided I may as well go to the beach with her. So I put on my bikini and we headed there. Calum grabbed my hand when he saw me and I smiled.

"So Ashley," he started. "Are you coming to the party tonight?"

"Um...I don't know, parties aren't really for me..." I replied, hesitantly.

"Please?" He asked. "It won't be any fun without you."

"Okay, I guess" I said.

His face lit up and he enveloped me in a hug. So we went swimming for a while. I noticed that Michael never showed up, which was weird. But I shook it off and hung out with Calum. After the beach, we went out for ice cream and Calum got some on his nose. I giggled as I wiped it off. We then headed back to the cabins and got ready for the party. I decided on wearing something very casual again. Calum picked me up and drove me to the party. I looked around uncomfortably to see many drunk people grinding on each other. Calum took my hand and led me through the club till we found Ashton and Luke. We all talked for a while until we heard the sound if glass breaking. All of our heads snapped towards the sound and at a mini crowd, surrounding someone. I ripped through the crowd and gasped to see Michael punching the hell out of another guy.