Chapter 7

The guy slammed Michael down and began to punch him in the face. I jumped in and shoved the guy off of Michael. The guy wiped his bloody lip and gave me a murderous look. Michael jumped to his feet and forcefully grabbed my hand, dragging me away from the crowd and out of the house in which the party was. He took me to his car and immediately drove off.

"What the hell?" I said.

"Don't talk to me while I'm pissed" he growled, making a sharp turn.

We ended up at his cabin and I hesitantly stepped out, following him into the cabin. He slammed the cabin door and ran a hand through his hair. He collapsed onto the bed, burying his face into the pillow. I sat down on the chair beside his bed, not saying anything. I stared as he lay there angrily. He then looked up, his eyes bloodshot.

"Michael?" I said softly, afraid he was gonna yell at me.

"What?" He asked, facing me.

"Um...I won't ask you about what happened yet but why did you bring me here?" He thought for a minute.

"Because..." He started. "I...I don't know. You calm me down, okay?" He frowned and stared into my eyes.

I grabbed his arm, pulling him to his feet. He looked at me confused and I wrapped my arms around his waist. He wrapped his arms around my neck and pulled me tighter into him. I rested my head against his chest, noticing how good he smelled. He rubbed my back in circles, making my heart race 100 miles a second.

"Why are we hugging?" He whispered into my hair.

"Because I calm you down" I replied. We pulled apart and he tried to hide his smile. I stood on my tip toes and kissed him on the cheek. His cheeks reddened and he grabbed my arm, pulling me down onto the bed.

"Stay with me tonight?" He asked. I looked into his eyes and saw how his anger had went down.

"Okay...I guess I can" I replied. He smiled. I lay beside him, on the edge of the bed. He chuckled a little, pulling my arm so I lay closer to him. "Michael...." I started. "I have a boyfriend..." He put a finger to my lips.

"Does he make you feel the way I do?" He mumbled into my ear, sending chills straight down my spine. I swallowed the huge lump in my throat.

"W-well..." I stuttered. "I mean, I barely know you..."

"You barely know Calum, yet you're with him" he said.

"I know, but...."

"Just this one night," he started. "Just please be with me. Just this one night" he said. I sighed in surrender, letting him pull me into his chest.

He wrapped his arm around my waist and I felt my heart flutter. I couldn't hold back a smile. But what he did next surprised him. He pressed his lips against my temple. My legs went completely weak and my heart beat sped up really quickly. The only thing I noticed is how, just him kissing me on the temple makes me have 1,000 more butterflies then kissing Calum on the lips....

And I drifted off to sleep.

-

I woke up and got confused when I saw Michael beside me, but then I remembered last night. I pulled my cell phone out and saw many missed calls and texts from Calum. I sighed and ran a hand through my long hair. Most of them said:

'Where are you?!'

I decided to reply.

'Im so sorry, Michael drove me to my cabin, I forgot to tell you :('

I frowned. I'm lying to him and I know it. Guilt washed over me and it realized I left Calum to be here with Michael. I shouldn't have done that. I don't even like Michael in that way...I like Calum. Calum is sweet, funny, adorable....

Yet I'm here with Michael.

I swallowed hard and decided on leaving before he woke up. I snuck out of his cabin and opened a new text from Calum:

'Oh, that's okay :)'

I bit down hard on my lip. He's too sweet...way too sweet. I don't deserve him...

I headed back to my cabin to see Jessica standing there with her arms crossed. I looked down with shame.

"Where were you last night?" She asked. "Calum was worried sick..." She trailed off. I sighed in defeat.

"It's a long story...Michael said I was the only thing that calmed him down and begged me to stay with him just that one night, so I did..."

"Did you...?"

"No!" I exclaimed, my cheeks heating up. She chuckled and hugged me.

"It's okay. But consider the fact you were there with him instead of Calum." I thought about that. I sat down on my bed.

"I don't wanna feel this way about Michael" I said.

"Oh, so you admit you have feelings for him" she said, wiggling her eyebrows. I sighed deeply.

"I don't know...maybe...? But I like Calum, a lot. It's just that...Michael makes me feel these different things, and I barely know either of them..."

"It doesn't matter how well you know them" she said. "It matters what you feel inside." I chuckled at her cheesiness.

"Okay, whatever..but what do I do?"

"You have plenty of time to give it some thought" she said. "But don't dwell on it. Concentrate on Calum for now. He's a great guy." I smiled and nodded. "And I have Luke to worry about" she said. I winked at her and she chuckled. "I'm going to the beach. Wanna come?"

"Uh...I guess" I replied.

I threw on my bikini and went down to the beach with her. When we got there, I felt my legs go weak as I saw Michael, staring straight at me with narrowed eyes. I put my towel down and when everyone went to the water, Michael walked up to me.

"What?" I asked. He crossed his arms.

"Why did you leave?" He replied.

"Because...I had to get back to my cabin" I replied slowly.

"Well, you didn't have to leave!" He exclaimed, running a hand through his purple hair.

"Why do you care so much that I left?" I asked.

"Because you don't just leave...I mean, I could've drove you over..." He mumbled.

"Calum was worried about me and I didn't want to tell him about what happened with us" I replied, frowning slightly. But Michael just laughed.

"Of course. Why are you...why are you so damn complicated?" He asked, pacing back and forth.

"Michael, I don't have time for this. I have to get back to my boyfriend who actually likes me" I spat, heading to the water. But he grabbed my arm.

"You think I don't like you?" He asked. "That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard!" I tried to rip out of his grasp but he was too strong. His expression softened. "I'm not trying to hurt you..." He mumbled. I stared into his eyes. "Don't ever think I don't like you." He let go of me. I shook my head and ran out to the water, smiling at Calum. I couldn't help but to look back and see Michael with his head in his hands.