Management

Shibi didn't think anyone would be in when he got home from the clan meeting. Around this time, Shino would be out finding new species and not be back until sundown. But as soon as he entered his house, he saw two pairs of unfamiliar sandals beside his son's. He stared at them for a few seconds before following the faint hum of voices in the backyard. Though first he approached his charge, the son of the late Aburame Shikuro, who sat curled up with a book near the window.

"Torune, does Shino have classmates over?"

The nine year old looked up. "They ran in soaking wet carrying a jar of killer hornets. Now he's showing them some of his colonies," he replied. Shibi nodded as Torune returned to his book and slid the door open. Outside, he was able to get a better look at the two kids. As far as he knew, Shino didn't hang out with too many others because they tended to think bugs were creepy.

One thing he noticed was that they were wearing some of Shino's old clothes. Soaking wet, Torune had said? It was a good tactic to run away from those hornets, he had to admit. Not his primary course of action, but good nonetheless. The boy he recognized as a Nara, Shikaku's son, maybe? He couldn't remember too well. The girl he didn't recognize at all, but that was fine and didn't matter as long as they were good to his son.

"So that one's a girl beetle?"

"Yes. This kabutomushi'll lay eggs soon then die."

"Eh?! So short!"

Shikamaru and Sakura stared in awe at the horned beetle traipsing along the ground. Shino turned his head at the approach of his father.

"Welcome back, tou-san."

"Shino," Shibi acknowledged, patting the boy's head. "And these are?"

The boy stood up first and offered a slight bow to his elder. "Nara Shikamaru," he introduced. "Nice to meet you."

The girl was second. Shibi watched as she got to her feet with an elegance that matched that of the unbridled wind; smooth and unbending in its most natural state. His eyes narrowed the tiniest fraction as she smiled and introduced herself as any polite little girl would.

"And I'm Haruno Sakura. Nice to meet you too," she greeted. The man nodded to the two of them, his eyes lingering on Sakura for a little longer.

"It's a pleasure," he replied.

Hm.

::

Genma took his time walking through the hallways of the Kage Tower. He was the one to give the mission report on his team's behalf and it wouldn't take too long to give it anyways. His month long assignment that was supposed to last the next few weeks was cut incredibly short at the convenience of their target dying of a stroke.

He wasn't complaining in the slightest. Even only being gone for a week, he was already starting to miss the little brat he and Ibiki took under their wings. She was a quick learner, didn't whine about anything, and caused just enough trouble to get him a good laugh in his days. The twerp was really starting to grow on him. A little twisted in the head, but hey, nothing her good ol' sensei couldn't fix, right?

He knocked twice on the door to the office and entered. Genma was surprised to see Ibiki standing in the room with his ever-so-serious frown on his face. Hiruzen waved him in and motioned for the door to be shut.

"You came in at an opportune time, Genma," the Hokage said. "It would be good for you to have an ear in this conversation."

Genma crossed his arms and kept to the side, looking from his boss to his leader. This had to be about what he had been thinking of earlier. The only business he and Ibiki were ever a part of that would be Hokage-level importance was their training of Haruno Sakura. He didn't think there was anything noteworthy, though. Did something happen when he was away? Damn, he always missed the good things.