Chapter 7

Yes, I am alive. Yes, I did update. A thousand apologies. Here's the chapter you've all been waiting for.

edited!
***********************

At a certain point, I couldn't cry anymore. At a certain point, I felt numb. I had given in.

I stayed still in the Anater's curled arms, my breath hiccuping and eyes puffy from the sobbing. My eyes stayed closed, the strong, cold wind blowing harshly against my body as we soared through the dimming sky.

I couldn't think of anything else but Kaila's calling cries, her pleas. I wouldn't ever be able to see her again. I was a lost cause. As much as I didn't want to accept it, there is no longer hope for me- I'm already dead.

I let out a dry cry when I praised for a quick death rather than a darkened resuscitation. I'll never become like them. I wouldn't betray my own kind.

I opened my eyes slightly, lifting my chin to look up at the Anater who's body was pressed against mine. I lowered my eyes to the tip of his angled jaw, sliding them up to skim over his thin stern lips, straight sculpted nose, dark focused eyes and tousled golden hair.

Golden hair.

The facts didn't add up. Everything about him seemed colorless, expect for those locks of hair. How was it even possible? Was it dyed?

The Anater lowered his gaze, meeting my blurry, teary one. He smiled devilishly.

I gasped, turning away from his dominant stare, humiliated by the fact that I had been checking him out unintentionally just moments ago. His amused glare made me insecure, not wanting him to see how much I had cried throughout the flight. In this world, there is no room for tears; only for strength, and sacrifice.

I was still so confused why I wasn't already a passed soul. Why I was still alive. The possible answers running through my head sent a chill creeping down my spine.

Was I brought for a feast? Worst, an experiment?

The sudden panicked realization brought back my defensive senses. I began to press my palms against his collarbone, pushing away from him.

Let me plunge to my death.

The handsome blond looked down, his amused smile gone, replaced with a scold of frustration. "What are you doing?"

"Let me go, you damned creature." My voice sounded much weaker than I had thought it would be.

He chuckled dryly. "If I let you go, you'll plunge to your death."

I stopped struggling, setting my gaze to stare in his, narrowed and dark. "Exactly."

The words surprised him for a fraction of a second, yet he replaced it with a sinful grin. "Alright. If you intend to die so badly, it wouldn't be fair to stop you."

Suddenly, his strong arms unwrapped themselves for around my limp body, and for one bliss moment, I smiled.

Then I began to fall. And the smile faded from my lips. I let out a surprised scream, flailing my arms around as I fell down, the night sky above me and the ground below me.

I couldn't see anything. I couldn't hear anything. I was going to die. Was I ready? No. My head said yes, but my heart said no.

I let out a scream, my heart beating out of my chest with each frantic beat. With another scream leaving my lungs, I suddenly collided with the ground.

Was it over? I was I dead now?

Only I wasn't. I opened my eyes to meet the darkened amused gaze of a devilishly handsome boy.