21

edited chapter

Chapter 21: My First Kiss Went A Little Like This

{D. K}

      The blood stained Dakotas mouth after her jubilant feed, a foolish grin on her face at the handy work she'd made of the two teenagers. "You've made quite the mess sweetheart." Klaus comments as he pulls down his sleeve and uses it to gently wipe the red liquid off of her face.

      "I didn't hear you complaining while I was killing them."

      "Only because you're so fascinating in your natural element."

      Elena stepped forward, her hands in tight fists at her sides. "You can't just kill people because they don't matter to you. They have families."

      Klaus wrapped an arm over Dakota's shoulder, pulling her to his side. "And I don't care. I get what I want and I don't care who I have to kill for it."

      "But that's wr-"

      "Where is it?" Rebekah shouts, stomping back into the gym with a white cellphone tight in her grip.

     "Where is what, Rebekah?"

     "My necklace, she has my necklace!" Rebekah thrusted the phone in Klaus' hand.

     "Great, more lies." Elena's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Where is it?"

     The veins under Rebekah's eyes pulsed beneath her sun-kissed skin and Dakota stayed quiet during the whole exchange. "I don't have it anymore."

    "You're lying!" The blonde lunged for Elena, managing to get one good bite at her neck before Klaus pulled his sister off of the doppelgänger, while Dakota pinned Stefan to a wall to prevent him from interfering. "Make her tell me where it is Nik."

    The frustration was evident on Klaus' face, and he crouched down to Elena's cowering form. "Be honest, because if you lie, I'll let Rebekah do what she wants with you, and an angry Rebekah is very, very cruel."

    "I'm telling the truth, Katherine stole it."

    "Well that's very unfortunate for you. Dakota, if Bonnie hasn't found a way to turn my hybrids in twenty minutes, I want you to do what you to drink every drop of her blood and hang her mangled flesh from the basketball nets. If she tries to run away, fracture her spine."

   The large gym clock ticked down lower and lower.

   6:16

   6:15

   6:14

   "Dakota please, don't do this." Elena cried, holding a rag to her bleeding neck from Rebekah's bite. "You've never taken directions from anyone, why start now?"

   Dakota rolled her eyes at the humans pathetic attempt at convincing the vampire to let her go. "Stop talking like you know my situation. I'm a over nine hundred year old vampire trying to be compelled by an Original."

   "Trying to be compelled? You're not under Klaus' compulsion right now?"

   "No, and even if I was, I'd still kill you. I'm being loyal to Klaus since I lied all summer to protect your ass, I owe a debt."

   "Listen-"

   Something snapped inside of the vampire at the fact that some Petrova hand-me-down was trying to tell her what to do. "No! You listen to me you arrogant child, every word that comes from your mouth doesn't matter to me. But I can't seem to help but notice how you keep trying to change every vampire you come in contact with so they can be like Stefan." Dakota stood up and stalked over to Elena who walked backwards to get away from her. "I don't want to be him. I'm a monster Elena, I'm the "urban legend" that gets passed down from generation to generation. I'm the monster that haunts your dreams in the dead of the night."

   2:13

   2:12

   2:11

    Elena continued to walk backwards away from Dakota, the white rag she had used to hold pressure to the wound was long forgotten on the floor, a thick red stain in the center. "-And as that clock ticks down to its last second, I'm going to take pleasure in being the worst thing you've ever laid eyes on."

    "I don't believe that. You can fight it. You just have to want it bad enough. What if I was Shawn and Klaus was making you kill him, would you do it."

   Dakota shoved Elena into the wall, keeping her there by holding onto her neck. "Do not bring my brother into this. I don't want to hear his name pass from your poisonous mouth."

   "Fine, then what about Jenna? You promised to keep her alive and she's dead, you owe me for that."

   "Oh no, that's all on you doppelbitch. You got her into that mess, not me, so don't go pointing fingers." Elena's face was beginning to turn purple because of how tightly Dakota was gripping her neck, and she sucked in a deep breath when she finally let her go. "I give you props for your effort though, you're very manipulative. Must be a trait that flows through the Petrova's bloodstream."

   "I am not Katherine." Elena coughed violently but she glared at me every chance she got.

   10

    9

    8

    "You say that, but I beg to differ." Dakota shook with adrenaline at the thought of finally being able  to kill the doppelgänger. "Any last words? Requests? Tears of humanly helplessness? Those are my favorite, by the way."

    "You're disgusting."

    The clock buzzed loudly and Dakota instantly began changing into her vampiric form. "Ouch. That almost hurt." In a flash, she had her fangs sink into Elena's neck, drinking the tangy blood that kept her alive.

    "Dakota, stop." Klaus declared, high stepping it to the part of the gym where she was drinking his only change of a hybrid family. "I need her alive."

    When Dakota retracted from Elena's neck she frowned. "And why is that?"

    "Her blood is the key to changing the hybrids, that's why the Original witch wanted her dead in the ritual."

    "Guess you should be thanking me then."

    Klaus pulled Dakota into a kiss, his tongue dashing out to lick a stripe of the doppelgängers blood from her lips before he pulled away. "You're welcome."

You guys put me in a good mood, so I decided to update again. I'll continue to do so tomorrow if you keep it up with all of these amazing comments.

Love you!