Chapter 16: Start Of Term

I woke up to screaming in my dorm. Hermione, Lavender, and Parvati where screaming and pulling both my arms. As soon as I woke up I dropped back to my bed. They all stared at me in shock. I just stared back.

"Are you going to tell us what the hell that was!" Lavender screamed at me. I calmly stood up and walked over to my bed side table. I grabbed out a piece of parchment and a quill.

So I didn't tell you this just because I'm already different enough, but I can kind of, float or fly? Don't know. I can sort of control it, but when I sleep I tend to float to about the ceiling. It's just something I was born with and just do naturally. Sorry I scared you all like that.

I passed them the note and they all read it and nodded. They went back to what they where doing but kept sneaking glances at me, like I was suddenly going to just float away.

I got into my robes and headed downstairs. I sat on the couch next to Neville. I smiled and yawned silently.

"How is it that you can't talk but you still make the sound motions?" I just shrug.

"Well it's probably because she grew up around people who could talk, so she grew up trying to talk." Hermione yelled over her book from across the room. Ron and Harry can downstairs.

"How are you so awake? These schedules are going to kill me!" Ron asked Hermione collapsing down next to me.

"Oh I've been up for hours studying for today." She simply answered burying her nose back into the book she was reading.

After a few minutes of cheating the had to go down to the great hall for breakfast and to get their schedule for the semester.

When the schedules came Roses was average and she had most classes with the Griffindors. Transfiguration, Charms, Potions, History Of Magic, Defense Against The Dark Arts, Astronomy, and Herbology, plus one flying class.

As everyone ate and talked about who had classes with who I though about Slytherin. I had potions with the Slytherins and Sev said I was welcome, but Slytherins hated Griffindors.

And what about Draco and Pansy? I didn't want to lose Draco as a long term friend. We had practically grew up together. All those years he was my one and only friend.

I didn't know if he hates me or like me anymore. I don't know why the houses have to be segregated so much. It pains me that I can't be friends with him because I'm not in his house.

"Rose? Rose? Rose!" Someone yelled bringing me back down to earth.

"We have to go to our first class remember? And we don't even know where it is?" Said Neville. I nodded and grabbed my things eager for the day to come.