10: Chocolate Chip Cookies

Chapter 10: Chocolate Chip Cookies

It was my second batch of chocolate chip cookies and still they didn't taste the like the ones I made two nights ago.

Maybe I should add some more chocolate chips. Chocolate makes everything better.

My mom loved baking. I still remember how I used to help her bake gingerbread cookies during Christmas. I came back from school to almost always find a iced cake on the kitchen counter. My mom used to say that you don't need any occasion to enjoy a slice of cake. So that's where I inherited my baking skills from. More often baking lets me cherish those memories I made with my mom.

"You added vanilla extracts instead of vanilla essence last time".

I jumped slightly , turning around to see Casper munching one of my cookies. Today he was dressed in jeans and a wife beater only. How does he change his outfit?

"What the hell are you doing here?" I questioned curtly. The wife beater clung to his body like a second skin, his abs visible under it. Is that a six pack?

"Like what you see tomato-head?" he asked ignoring my question as he let out a small chuckle. I tore my eyes away from his torso and stared at him with a grim expression on my face and internally rolling my eyes.

"I have a name Casper boy", I exclaimed clearly offended by the nickname he gave me.

"Then stop calling me that?"

"What? Casper", I stretched the word 'Casper" to annoy him.

He rolled his eyes clearly irritated by his new nickname. So I got back to making my third batch of cookies and this time adding vanilla extracts instead of vanilla essence.

"Can you see other ghosts?" he asked taking a bite from his 7th cookie. Or is it 8th? I lost count.

"Huh?"

"Can you see other ghosts?" he reiterated himself.

"I don't feel like answering your questions" , I answered getting back to work.

"I am serious here" he cried out. "Answer it!"

"No I can't okay? This is the first time. Believe me if there is an option to un-see you, I would have chosen it happily", I grumbled.

"The feeling is mutual strawberry", he retorted giving me a sarcastic smirk. Great, I have a new nickname. "But how can you see me? You can't be that", he said more to himself than me, running a hand across his disheveled hair distractedly.

Before I could say anything, I was interrupted by the door bell. Audrey is here!

"Aud is here and I don't want a delinquent ghost haunting the house! So get your ass out of here!"I ordered.

"Calm down. I am a ghost remember? No one can see me except for you unfortunately", he said with a bored expression on his face.

He was right. Aud won't be able to see him. But I still had my doubts.

"Just don't create any kind of trouble okay? Stay out of three feet radius away from my sister or else I will have to castrate.", I threatened him giving him a sarcastic smile. With that I headed for the door.

"Too bad strawberry. I am already dead"

Ignoring his exasperating comments I opened the door to see Audrey standing and grinning from ear to ear. She looked a bit tanned. Her shoulder length auburn hair was in a braid.

"Gracieee I missed you so much" she squealed while I kneeled down to embrace her in a bear hug. I missed my baby sister so much! Even her annoying nickname for me.

"Promise me you won't send me to a nut camp", she said pouting after breaking off the hug.

"You mean math camp", I chuckled correcting her.

I was too busy welcoming Audrey that I forgot Gary was behind her. He was casually running his hand over his unkempt hair. He was wearing chinos and a grey cashmere sweater.

"Hey thanks for dropping her off", I said standing up as Audrey rushed inside the house behind me.

"No problem", he said giving me a small smile.

"Why don't you come inside? I baked cookies".

"The offer sounds tempting but Jeremy is home alone and I need to go home asap".

"Okay wait". With that I walked to the kitchen to pack up some cookies.

"There you go", I said handing him a parcel. "These are for you guys".

He thanked me, gingerly taking the brown bag from me.

"I will see you around then", he said running his free hand across his hair.

I nodded with a smile and closed the door behind me.

"He totally has the hots for you!" I looked around letting out a small shriek and jumping for the second time today.

"Can't you just not appear out of nowhere?" I clutched my poor heart as I said it.

"Then what's the fun in being a ghost without apparating?" he asked arching an eyebrow at me.

Before I could continue, I was interrupted by Aud.

"Hey Graciee. Who is he?" a curious look was plastered on her face and her brown eyes were pinned on ghost boy.

Uh Oh.

...........................

Let me know your thoughts on this chapter!

Audrey is back!

Vote. Comment.