Chapter 33- To Feel Safe

Exams hit them in full force, and for the last few weeks leading up to them, Draco and Harry chose to study instead of hang out with each other, simply because they both knew they wouldn't get anything done.

And those weeks were grueling, but the promised to make it up to each other the weekend in between the first week of exams and the second, just as a stress reliever. When Draco shoved his hands in his pocket after the last exam, he saw the simple words "Room of Requirement at ten" scribbled on a small corner of parchment and immediately the stress of the first week had flowed out of him.

Rubbing his thumb over the note, Draco conversed with a few of his classmates in the Slytherin common room until they went to bed, glanced at the clock, and at nine-fifty made his way to their meeting place.

As Draco walked down the hall towards the Room of Requirement, he felt a hand take his and immediately his heart fluttered. He wanted to acknowledge Harry, greet him, pull off his invisibility cloak, hug him, kiss him, but he held back all the way until they were inside, the door locked behind them. It was the same room as they had last time: a single bed with a couch, a fireplace, and homey decor.

Draco helped him rip off his cloak before pouncing on him, holding him tight in his embrace. "Do you know how many times I've wanted to hug you in the past month?"

Harry was already kissing his shoulder and up his neck. "Do you know how many times I wanted to kiss you?"

Draco smiled and captured his lips, sucking on them enough to make Harry moan. When they let go, Harry's arms held firm around his waist as he buried himself into his body.

"This summer is going to be bloody awful without seeing you," Draco said. "It's been so difficult and even now you're around every corner I turn. I can't stand missing our Friday's."

"Good thing it's Friday, then," he nuzzled his neck into Draco's shoulder. "I haven't even thought about summer, 've been so busy."

Draco squeezed him. "How are you?"

"Brain hurts."

"Mine too."

"Would you like me to massage it for you?" Harry chucked as Draco moved his hands to his head and circled his thumbs into his temples.

Harry had a great urge to tickle him, but didn't. Instead, he pulled away, requested some water with his thoughts, and handed Draco a glass.

"How do you think you did?"

"Herbology fine, Transfiguration fine, Charms—You made me break my glass, you arsehole!"

"Not my fault!"

"Yes it absolutely is your fault," he said, thinking back to the memory of his wine glass falling to the floor right in front of the examiner.

"How?"

"Your face!"

"What about it?"

"It's cute."

Harry opened his mouth to argue but closed it as his cheeks blushed. He broke into a smile, leaned in, and pecked him before taking another sip of water. "Sorry, I'll try to tone it down next week."

"If you do, I'll hex you."

Harry laughed. "I think I did okay," he said as Draco took a trip to the bathroom.

"How was Defense Agains the Dark Arts," Draco called back.

"Good, I think. Really good."

Draco peaked behind the doorway. He wasn't wearing a shirt. "Maybe because you've been a bloody teacher this whole time."