29-♫- Time After Time <3

♫-Chapter-29

Caught up in circles confusion -
Is nothing new
Flashback - warm nights -
Almost left behind
Suitcases of memories,
Time after -

 ~*~ *unedited*

I stare blankly at the pot of soup, cooking on the stove.

            My thoughts whirled about in my mind in a dizzying speed. Something was wrong with Teegan and I couldn’t bring myself to think the worst.

            I stir the soup mechanically, biting my lip and try to contain my useless tears. It seemed like all I did these days was cry. Call me crazy but movies like A walk to remember didn’t end with a happy ending. Even though I didn’t know what Teegan had, I knew he was sick.

            To preoccupied with my thoughts, I dip my hand a little to far and hiss in pain as my hand comes into contact with the searing hot pan.

            Flying back in pain, I run into a hard chest with an oomph.

            I freeze.

            Walk away. Just walk away. Did I really want to know what was wrong with him?

            Turns out I didn’t have to do anything, Teegan steps back and I refuse to turn around and see him. I tediously stare at the pot in front of me, cradling my throbbing hand.

            Just as I am about to release my breath, I feel a pair of arms slide around my waist, quickly and soundly pulling me to his chest.

            I suck in a sharp breath and involuntarily feel myself melt against him, his strong arms caging me in and making me feel safe, warm. I can feel the soft thud of his heart against my back, his breath fanning my neck as the sound of running sink water sounds.

            Bowing his head into my throat, Teegan sighs softly, his lips pressed intimately against the soft skin of my neck.

            He holds me tight, my body pressed against his.

            I missed this. No aching, longing could ever prepare me for what I felt without him.

            “your foods going to burn,” I whisper, his soft, inky hair tickling my face.

            “I’m preoccupied with something worth much more of my attention right now,” Teegan mumbles back. “besides,” he chuckles softly, “You just burned yourself and all you can think about is me.”

            I stay silent not wanting to admit the fact that all I have been doing is think about him.

            Silently guiding me, Teegan pushes me gently to the sink, his arms wrapped securely around me, making it slightly awkward to shuffle our way there, but hey, I wasn’t complaining.

            Gently taking my hand, as if I were made of porcelain, Teegan puts my hand under water.

            I turn my head slightly as he leans forward, looking over my shoulder because he was so tall. His brow furrows in concentration as he runs my hand under water, careful to not touch my burn. my eyes run down his strong, defined jaw, his cheek brushing agasint mine.

            Reaching above to grab a towel, he lightly places a towel over it and carefully pulls away from me, the cold seeping into my bones as he rummages around the kitchen, finally grabbing a first aid kit.