22. Crossroad.

The day in the office was torturous. I had sent the papers yesterday to his office and I was waiting for it. Time passed too slowly and my mind was too diverted in chaos. At the thought of it my stomach churned and I didn't feel very well.
I decided to take a leave.

"Sir I am taking leave." I stood on the entrance door of Xavier's office.

"Yes sure Tiffany. You are all set?"
"Yes sir."

"Good." He closed a file and look towards me.
"Come on in. I need to talk to you before you leave."

"Okay sir."

We began on a professional note but later he diverted to casual topics. We talked about the project and then he also talked about Zylen which made me impatient to leave.
Half an hour later I left the office  and straight away headed to Mia's apartment. I had shifted Mia's apartment for a day. Mia had moved in with Jake a month ago. I also had the keys to her apartment so I crashed in her place.

I was assigned to a new project by Xavier. It was a redevelopment project and I had to leave for London tonight.
The project would stall me for months together.

Fresh in my Pj's I sat on the sofa.
I was waiting for the divorce papers to be delivered to me.

Honestly a part of me wished for him not to sign those papers. Actually the whole of me. I wanted a miracle.
What if he rung the bell and I opened the door to see him standing with the divorce papers in hand tearing them apart right in front of me staring at me with those wild eyes and taking me into his arms, kissing me wildly telling me how much he loved me.
Thinking about this brought a rush to my body.
I had fallen in love with him. I knew it from the very beginning when we met. How I had vowed that I wouldn't but..
This past week was one hell of a week. I wanted to forget each and every moment of it but I just couldn't. All the moments spent with him were too precious from my heart to forget them all. Good or bad they were embedded in me forever.
He might forget me but I wouldn't forget him ever.

The sound of the door bell echoed throughout the whole room.
As I held my breath I  opened the door to see but nobody was there.
I stepped forward to see and my foot felt something below it.
An envelope lay on the ground and I picked it up.
Closing the door behind me I  went and sat on the sofa holding the envelope with both of my hands. The word CONFIDENTIAL was written over it addressing in my name.
With giddy hands I opened the envelope removing out the divorce paper.

His sign was lashed across the space given.
He signed. He signed after all.
Didn't he feel anything between us? What was that all? That's it?

That is why he signed it. Because he felt nothing for you.

The paper dropped from my hand and my mind went numb. I dropped on the sofa gently staring into the white ceiling which blurred out as my tears flowed freely.

-----------------------
"Ma'am?"

"Huh? Yes?" I snapped out of my day dreaming as the flight attendant looked at me with confusion.

"You need to strap on. We are about to take off."

"Yes right I am sorry."
I did it and apologized again.
I saw my neighbor staring at me as if I was crazy.

"Are you alright ma'am?"

"Yes I am fine thank you."
I smiled and she moved on.
The shiny ring glittered resting in my finger. I removed my mother's chain and slipped my ring through it. I fixed back the chain around my neck.The cold ring settled in between my chest provoking my eyes again.
I blinked back the tears as the plane started ascending towards the sky.
Looking out of the window the city shone so brightly in the night. I held the ring closely to my heart as it was the only thing which could remind me of him.
I promised to let it go of it,someday.

Who was I kidding?........

~☆Author's note☆~
So Zylen did after all signed it huh? Yes he did it was clearly very devastating for Tiffany.
But I am going to update an another one and I am not going to talk much about it but surely you will enjoy it when I update which is very soon.
Like it? Then vote it people and let your friends know about it. Looking forward to hear from you. :)