Chapter 9- Guild's Reaction

Natsu's POV

I opened my eyes to be greeted by the sun's rays. I wonder what happened after that job? Did Luce bring me back?

~Flashback~

"We're here!" I yelled, excited to defeat the monsters.

We all split up to kill the monsters after agreeing that a shot of our own magic in the air is the signal. Happy went with Wendy and Carla, though.

I ran across this monster-like human that had black hair, half his body was covered with dark scales, sharp claws and teeth.

"Natsu Dragneel, the first knight of the princess, huh?" He said as he disappeared and I felt a dark energy in me. I felt this pain and images of Lucy crying started to appear in front of me.

"Luce..." I reached out to her, only seeing her stabbed by a blonde woman's hand through her.

"LUUUCCCEEEEE!" And she vanished just before I blacked out.

~End of Flashback~

I picked up Happy and walked to the guild. Happy was being really cold to me.

"Hey, Happy, why are you ignoring me?" I asked him as I opened the doors to the guild.

"Don't talk to me. You should know after what you did to Luce." Happy scowled while saying.

When I got into the guild I was greeted by the guild members except for Mira, Gajeel, Levy, Laxus, Juvia, master, and the exceeds, who had death glares at the others and me. I decided to walk over and ask them where Luce was.

"Hey guys! Where's Luce?"

"Urusai, Dragneel." Juvia growled at me.

"You have no right to say her name." Gajeel snapped.

"What are you guys talking about? The last time I saw her was when we did that job, remember." I'm super confused now.

"Stop lying after you called her weak, beat her up, kicked her out the team, and burned her keys to ashes! Lucy left with Wendy!" Levy said while giving me the scariest glare I've ever seen her do.

Gramps then got everyone's attention.

"I have never been so disappointed in the guild. How dare you kick out and hurt a member like that!"

"What are you talking about, master? We never hurt any of the members!" Someone in the guild suddenly spoke up.

"I'm talking about Lucy!" Gramps yelled.

"The last time I saw Lucy was when she and Team Natsu went on that job!" Cana said.

"No! The guild saw Lucy even after she came back! They beat her with magic and items and laughed at her!" Mira shouted while she started to tear up.

What? Why does the group and the guild say different things? What really happened?

I was still caught in my own thought when some letters flew into the guild.

Master received the letters and read the one addressed to him.

"Attention! This is a letter addressed to the guild and Team Natsu!"

"This is the letter for the guild,

Hey, Fairy Tail!

You guys must be thinking where I am, right? Well, don't worry! I'm somewhere safe with Wendy. Master would explain what happened after he reads his letter about the truth. We'll be back in about 2 years, kay?

Your friends and family,
Lucy and Wendy

Now it's time for the truth"

People were tearing up and crying already from Lucy's letter. Now we're all waiting for the truth.

"Lisanna, you were the first target. First, I'll ask, how do you feel about Lucy?" Master asked, looking at her.

"Lucy. I haven't met her yet. The last thing I remember was seeing a guy in a transformation. But from what I hear from the guild now, I assume that she is a kind hearted girl." Lisanna said.

"Now, the truth is, Lisanna was possessed by the black magic that controlled her to poison everyone with a liquid that made everyone black out while their body is controlled. This didn't work on Lucy's closest friends, though. So the one that controlled the magic used his single use dark magic on Natsu, the most trusted and close friend of Lucy. Now is after the time period, so everyone is back to normal."

What?! Luce.

Luce!

I ran full speed to the guild door. She can't leave me like this!

I was stopped by gramp's hand suddenly.

"Natsu. I understand that you want to find Lucy. I do too. So do many people in the guild. But she said she will be back in two years. Let's respect her decision."

I stopped unwillingly. I sighed as I thought about her.

Luce.

Don't make me wait too long. Come back soon. Because...

I love you.