Chapter Thirty-Three: I'll Get Over It

Do you think honesty is the best policy? Sometimes I wonder if telling the truth is the right thing to do. I mean, what would you do in this situation:

You are trapped in a cell with the one person you love most. The killer said that if you are younger than 20 years, he will spare your life, but he will kill the person you love most. However, if you're 20 years or older, he will kill you and set the other person free. You are less than 20 years, but you don't want to see the one you love die. So, what do you do? Lie to save your love one? Or tell the truth and have them killed? The choice is yours...

~~~

Mira's POV:

Everyone was sad that we had to go back to school, but I didn't really mind. I enjoyed it, while it lasted. I got to hang out with my family and plan a Christmas party, so it was alright for me.

I was currently dragging Juvia around the school. I wasn't able to find Gray before, but now I'm determined to find him. If Levy thinks I couldn't get Juvia a date, she is sadly mistaken.

"Mira-san, let go of Juvia!" Juvia said as she tried to free herself from my strong grip.

"No, we need to get you a date and fast! Levy is not going to win under my watch!" I said angrily. I quickened the paste and entered the gym to find Gray lying on the floor, while playing with the basketball.

"Not Gray-sama! Anybody, but Gray-sama!" Juvia pleaded.

"Yo, Gray! Juvia has something to say!" I shouted. Gray looked at me as if I was crazy and approached us.

"What do you guys want?" He asked in a bored tone. Juvia looked petrified.

"Juvia can't do this!" Juvia said as she dashed away. I groaned in irritation as I saw her running towards the exit.

"What's her problem?" Gray asked.

"Just catch her. I'll explain everything to you, but you have to catch her."

"Fine, since I'm bored and all," Gray said as he ran after Juvia.

~~~

Gray's POV:

I ran and saw Juvia running to the cafeteria. It's a good thing I'm faster than her, but I lost her from the crowd of people. I looked around and saw her running through the hallway.

"Juvia, stop running!" I said loudly. She began running twice her speed and made her way to the school's field. There wasn't anyone on the field, but Juvia managed to get hit by a soccer ball and fell to the ground. I immediately took action and tackled her.

"Let go!" Juvia said as she tried to make an effort to escape. I pinned her hands above her head and hovered over her, so she wouldn't be able to move. She blushed a tiny shade of pink.

"Why were you running?" I asked. She looked to the side and closed her eyes.

"Juvia doesn't want to answer." I bent down and whispered to her ear.

"Then, I'll just have to keep you here until you tell me," I threatened. She looked at me and stuck her tongue out.

"Juvia will never tell you!" I rolled my eyes and decided to release her. She sat up and didn't even move.

"Aren't you going to run away?" She shook her head.

"Juvia's tired," Juvia said as she stretched her arms out. I laughed at her childish behavior and we spent the remaining lunchtime talking. The bell rang and it was time for class to start. I got up from the ground and helped her up as well.