14| ''How could you?''

A/N: Picture of younger Keira in the media. 

Jett and I were silent as he took me back home. It was seven pm and the shouts sounding through the house told me that Brandi was looking for the both of us.

As the motorcycle pulled up to the driveway I clambered off, handing my helmet back to Jett.

We looked at each other and I thought back shortly to that little boy with piercing grey eyes, no doubt it had been Jett. We had met when we were little.

I hadn't told him I remembered and he hadn't acted in any way that made me think he knew who I was. No doubt that he had forgotten about his confession. Thinking back to the miniature Jethriel I felt a small smile quirk up my lips before nodding, 'We should go inside, I can hear Brandi panicking from here'.

He sighed, turning the motor off before grabbing my helmet, 'I have a rather appealing idea of skipping school for today'.

'Haven't you already skipped it twice?' I commented as we walked back to the house.

Jett turned to grin at me, 'I don't think it really matters, whether I skip or not'.

I snorted but stayed silent as we made our way to the front door. Before we could reach it the door flung open by itself and Brandi put her manicured hands on her hips, eyes narrowed, 'And where have you two been?'

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Jett had left me alone the moment Brandi had appeared. He had subtly backed away and taken the detour from the garden back into the house instead of facing the furious brunette that blocked the doorway.

After mumbling apologies, she had let me in, stone-faced and muttering that Uncle Edmund wouldn't be happy with my escapades. Especially not when it concerned Jethriel.

With a snap of a finger, Briana had appeared with my school uniform. The maid smiled apologetically at me before pulling me to my room before Brandi would have the chance of devouring me alive.

The meeting of Lady Eluen had opened my eyes and though she had lifted the spell that lay upon me and bid us farewell I found it hard to forget what I had seen.

I had been the one who convinced mother to save Daniel, hence her death was indirectly my fault.

I found it hard to stomach and Briana hissed in irritation multiple times when I made no effort to clothe myself, 'You should really stop hanging out with Master Jett'.

'I thought I told you not to call him that,' I mumbled and she sighed as she held out my undershirt.

'Come on Miss, you're already late for class'

'I don't get why everyone hates him so anyway,' I grumbled further, taking off the shirt I'd had my little adventure in and shrugging on the white undershirt, 'He's not that bad'.

Briana's plump lips curled up slightly, 'I thought you didn't like him'.

'I don't,' I snapped - too quickly - and my mouth closed slowly when Briana looked at me with a knowing smile, 'I just find him more... acceptable... recently'.

The maid nodded, though the smile did not disappear and she helped me button the shirt before handing me the skirt, 'All I'm saying is that, he isn't the nicest person, definitely not after what happened after Daniel died. He's closeted himself and now he has problems with socialising. It was a surprise that the Frost family even decided to choose him as Lady Anastasia's fiancé'.

I stayed silent at this, I had nearly forgotten that Jett was engaged. A word that tasted foreign on my tongue. I was too young to talk about marriage, and yet he was already engaged. To a beautiful woman that was powerful and rich to boot.