Chapter Eighteen: Hunting

The smell of sewage, damp air and moss were the first things to come to my attention as I came to my senses. My eyes struggled to adjust to the faint light. I moved my cramped arms to find they where tied together with slimy rope to what seemed to be a support beam.

"Dammit," I swore," I need to stop getting freaking kidnapped!"

"Hello?" came a voice from the other side of the beam." Hello is anyone there?" It was a boy's voice.

"Hello?" I asked back he sounded about my age.

"Oh my god your real!" He cried with relief.

"Are you James Lewis?"

"Yeah I am," James said, "How do you know me? Do you know why we're here."

"My name's Rachel," I said, a new voice joined the conversation coming from the shadows farther away from us. It was a girl's voice maybe 9 or 10.

"Rachel," said the girl,"Do you know why we're here?" her voice was raw from crying.

"...yeah...yeah I do..." I said quietly. Suddenly 6 different voices came out of no where and hammared me with questions.

"Guys!" I finally said," We were taken by something evil and the only thing important is that we get out of here alive, and if we are going to do that you need to listen to my every word."

"It killed Mina and Henry!" said the first girl who had talked to me.

"I know...Who is still here?" I asked, "Eric?"

"I'm here," the 13 year old replied.

"Olivia?"

"I'm here," said the girl who had been talking to me

"James I know your here"

"Yeah..."

"Carrie?"

"I'm over here by Olivia," came the 12 year old's reply.

"Jake?"

"I'm here," said the other 13 year old

"And Simon?"

"Im over by Eric," the 11 year old replied. So that ment there were seven of us and no one else had died..yet. I didn't have a lot of time and I had to act fast, because not only were these kids lives in danger but so was my own and they were depending on me.

"Okay, how many of you are in ropes?" Everyone was tied with ropes. Just as I was about to tell them what we needed to do heavy footsteps echoed down the tunnel in which we were being held. The kids around me, screamed and cried in terror. The footsteps grew closer and closer, the kids became hysterical. A weak light flooded the dark tunnel and in it stood the Rawhead. The screams around me sent my blood cold, I saw Olivia just barely, she was scrawny and had a gash on the left side of her face.

The Rawhead entered the tunnel and the volume of screaming increased even more. Then I realized he must be choosing the next child to kill. I heard the sound of snapping rope and Jake screamed as the monster picked him up off the floor. He flailed in its grasp but it made no difference. The Rawhead left the tunnel with Jake in his arms. Everyone was hysterical with terror. Jake would most likely be found in the morning on the river bank.

"Guys, guys try to calm down we'll get out of here. Please calm down," that did nothing to the mess around me.

"We're gonna die its going to kill us and no one will ever know what happened." James said over and over again in shock. Every one was crying and wailing and it was drving me nuts!

"GUYS!" I finally screamed, the tunnel went dead silent, "For God's sake shut up and listen to me! We ARE going to get out of here and we ARE going to live. No one else is going to die!" No one said anything.