Chapter 8

Later on that day, I went to the movies with Calum. I didn't think about Michael once, and I generally had a great time. We stole a few kisses now and then. We went out to dinner after and he drove me back to the cabin. I smiled to myself. I'm never going to let Michael mess with my head again. I changed into comfortable clothing, but something in the corner of the room caught my eye. A piece of clothing...I walked towards it and picked it up. It was a black Jack Daniels shirt. I knew immediately it was Michael's because I've seen him wear it a lot. But why is it here? Jessica walked into the cabin and smiled when she saw me.

"Hey Jess...why is Michael's shirt here?" I asked. She gave me a confused look.

"Not sure" she replied. I shrugged, but didn't know what to do with it. So I folded it up and put it under my bed. I soon drifted off to sleep.

-

My eyes flew open and I looked up in confusion as I saw Michael leaning over me, a worried look on his face.

"M-Michael? Why are you here?" I asked.

"I-I had a nightmare..." He mumbled. I sat up.

"Am I dreaming or something?" I asked, rubbing my eyes.

"No..." He replied. He sighed, running a hand through his hair. I noticed he does that a lot.

"Okay, well...what was the nightmare

about?"

"You'll think I'm weird" he mumbled.

"Well, I'm kinda worried as to why you came here...." I replied. He chuckled lightly.

"Well, I kinda dreamed that you..you died." He cleared his throat awkwardly and I felt my heart beat slow. He's worried because he dreamed I died. "I came here to make sure you're alive" he added quietly.

I sighed and wrapped my arms around him to give him comfort. He hugged back, even tighter. My heart started to race.

"I'm alive Michael" I whispered, rubbing his back.

"I'm such a baby" he mumbled. "I mean...I nearly cried because of it. I only cry over serious things honestly"

"This is serious to you?" I asked, feeling my cheeks heat up.

"Well, yeah..sorry" he said.

"Sorry? For what?" I asked.

"You really do ask a lot of questions, don't you?" He said, chuckling. I smiled and playfully punched him on the arm. After a bit of silence, he said "so how are you in Calum?" He sat down on my bed.

"Oh, we're great" I replied with a smile. He pursed his lips and looked down, then gave me a half smile.

"Well, that's good..." He said.

"Yeah, how are you and blondie?" I asked. He chuckled at what I called her.

"Me and blondie, who's name is actually Amanda, are going great" he replied. I smiled, but remembered he supposedly is using her to make me jealous. Well, it's not gonna work. I looked at the digital clock and it read 3:25 in the morning. I sighed.

"I'm really tired.." I said.

"Oh...well, now that I know you're okay, I guess he'll go..." He said. I nodded and climbed under the covers. But he looked over at me. "Um, I'm still kinda worried.."

"You wanna stay here tonight, don't you?" I asked. He nodded. "Okay, but you aren't allowed to get near me considering the fact we both have a boyfriend and girlfriend." He tried to argue but I cut him off and told him to lay on the other side of the bed. He frowned but climbed in anyways. When I began to drift off to sleep, he must've thought I already fell asleep because I felt his hand touch my fingertips, and then he grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers. It gave me a feeling I can't describe.

-

The next morning, I woke up to see Michael sitting up, watching me.

"Uh, did you watch me sleep?" I asked, rubbing my eyes.

"Only for a while, I just didn't wanna leave you without you knowing.." He trailed off. I looked over and Jessica was still out. I looked at the clock and it read 9:22. Early, for Michael.

"It's fine, but I look like complete shit right now" I mumbled, burying my head into the pillow.

"Not at all, actually" he replied casually. I felt my heart flutter but tried to ignore it.

"Okay. You, out. I have to change" I said.

"Or I could always stay" he said, wiggling his eyebrows. I rolled my eyes and couldn't help but to chuckle. As he began to walk out, he turned around. "Does this make us...y'know, friends now?"

"Well, yeah" I said, surprised at him asking. He nodded slightly. "But nothing more" I added. He stopped in his tracks then walked out. I sighed, smiling a little. Friends. This is good for me and Michael. We can be friends and nothing more, and it doesn't have to be awkward. I changed into a pair of skinny jeans and a blue tank top.

(A/N: Sorry for the short chapter, I had some writers block. Next one will be longer. & thanks for all the reads and votes c:)