Extra Chapter: Aide Meets Kai

So this is the first of my Extra Chapters, yaaay! As we all know, Aide and Kai go way back and share a bit of history. The story mentioned a few moments between them in their younger days, but I never actually wrote it down.
Weeell, here it is...

~*~

Aide's POV:

"And the elf he lied,
And the dragon fired,
And burned him to a crisp, hu-rrah!" Kai sung in the loudest, most excruciatingly bad singsong voice ever.

- He threw his head backwards and laughed at his friend. "That was possibly the worst rendition of The Lying Elf Lullaby I've ever heard."

"God, my mom used to sing it to me and Tessmia. I hated it." Kai laughed, chugging down a large gulp of the alcohol-filled bottle they had snug out from his village. They had been walking around for hours, laughing, drinking, having fun. Even he had to admit, he was almost as drunk as Kai. Almost.

"Well now I hate it too, thanks to you," He chuckled. "My ears are permanently damaged."

"Oh Hero." Kai said, sighing dramatically. "Just think! If I hadn't run into you--"

"You didn't run into me, I saved you from falling off a cliff, you dimwit."

"-- we wouldn't have become best friends over time--"

"It was yesterday. I saved you yesterday."

"And I wouldn't have had a friend to get drunk with tonight!" Kai finished, taking another large swig. "It was lucky I found you, you rebellious dragon."

Chuckling and shaking his head, he grabbed the bottle from Kai. "You tricked me into drinking, and it was goddamn lucky I came by that cliff when I did, otherwise you wouldn't have been drunk as high heaven right now - but you still would've been in heaven."

"And still am!" Kai slung an arm over his shoulder, just as he was taking a sip from the bottle. "That's it, keep drinking, my Hero. Tonight we're getting shitfaced."

Swallowing the burning alcohol, he grimaced. "I think we already are, Kai. God, that burns."

"You'll get used to it," Kai winked, but then suddenly whipped his head to the coast, as if only realizing now they were at the docks. "Oh my shit, let's take a dip!"

"What?" He laughed, as Kai stumbled towards the water, drunkenly trying to remove his boot, but failing and tumbling over. "You goddamn fool, we are drunk! We can't go swimming!"

Kai flabbed around on the ground like a wounded bird, trying to remove his stubborn boots. "I'm going in! Come on Hero, live a little!"

Maybe it was the alcohol or maybe it was just the moment, but he actually felt like he wanted a dip, too. The water brushed up on shore, spraying water droplets on his face.

Why the hell not? He thought. So together, the two of them stripped out of their tunics and boots, leaving their breeches on. They ran into the arctic cold water, which of course to their northern Elven skin, felt like lukewarm summer water.

Kai howled and splashed around in the water, diving under. He did too, and found Kai doing water aerobics under the surface. He almost cracked from suppressed laughter.