Chapter 2

----- Edited -----
Summer's POV:

We went downstairs. Aniqa's 2 brothers and 3 sisters were all sat around the dinner table with her parents.
My siblings (Musa, 23, Samiya, 28, Amira, 16, Aniya, 13 and her twin Erena, Fareed, 7 and my baby sister Aliyaah who is 2.)

We are, undeniably, a big family and are like Aniqa's. Our two families are very close and we always have fun together like one,very huge family.

"Summer, Samiyaah, help me find an engagement dress! It's been decided, my engagement party is in 2 weeks and I'll get married in a year which isn't really a lot beca-"
"We're coming!" Samiyaah interrupted. Aniqa had her laptop out but I just went upstairs.

Samiyaah was already married and Musa was getting married in 3 months. Now so is Aniqa. I'm the odd one out. *Knock, knock*
"Who is it?" I'm very big about my privacy.

"Dad. I want you to come downstairs into my office." Dad's an accountant and he has a small office that's joint to our guest/front room. Luckily, Aniqa is in the living room so I can avoid her and getting dragged into engagement dress shopping.
Although why on earth does Dad want yo see me?

I gulped. We only go in Dad's office if we're trouble. Reluctanly, I followed him down the stairs. He opened the door and I sat in the spinning chair opposite his desk.

"Wheeeeeeeee!"
"Stop spinning and listen." He said chuckling but quickly changing his tone into a serious one.
"Yes, Dad?"
"Well-"
"Actually, I just want you to know I will pay to repair Musa's phone."
"We want you to get married."
"What?" My jaw dropped.
"Are you telling me you've not considered marriage Summer? Your mother said she agrees it's a good idea and that you'd be ready."
"I mean I do one day but..."

"It's okay, we've found someone. If you want, you can meet him tomorrow."
"What's his name?"
"Hassan Waseem." He replied. I gasped. I shook my head.

Hassan Waseem was a player, rude, arrogant and most importantly I have NEVER EVER EVER IN A MILLION YEARS felt anything towards him.
I'm a big believer in just knowing it's right. And this, is hella wrong.

"Sorry, Dad, but no." He raised eyebrows at my unusual bluntness.
"Why not, Summer?"
"He's just not for me, Dad. Also, he's a player, rude and so annoying."
"Yes, but, habibti, love and mercy is put between the hearts after marriage. And you cannot judge in this way."

"Yes, Dad, if they're meant to be together. I've never felt anything for him. You were already in love with mum for 3 years before you married her. At 22.
I'm only 19. 20 soon but still only 19." Dad nodded his head with a smile, reassuring me he was just checking I was willing to consider marriage.

I went back into the living room and sat there, sighing.
Well, this Monday is the start of the new school year so maybe I'll meet someone in one of my new classes. I laughed in my head. Hilarious, Summer, never gonna happen.

Seriously, I wouldn't call myself a catch. I mean I'm not bad looking but I'm definitely not wifey material.
I have a button nose and cold grey eyes. I wear the hijab which for some shallower people (the majority of my year) makes them forget I have hair underneath. If they can't see underneath without actually having to then they're not for me.

Also, I'm a tomboy with only a rarely unleashed touch of female. I find it hard to love people, which is quite clear.
I'm often sarcastic and quite moody. Strong as I may seem, I'm only that way because I've never lost anything. But, Alhamdulillah for what I have.

So, liking Summer so far? Also a huge thank you to muslimah_07 for yet again, designing a beautiful cover for me. Sorry for the slow update but yh. Byeeeee!