Shit goes down

"Gee. Wake up, " Gerard heard a familiar voice beside him and opened a single eye to see the face of his best friend.

"No thanks, I'm good," Gerard mumbled before pulling the comforter over his head and trying to fall back asleep. That attempt was short lived as within minutes, Frank stood and ripped the blanket from Gerard's grasp. "Dammit Frank!" Gerard yelled, desperately clawing around him for another source of warmth, but finding none.

"C'mon. It's Saturday. It's also 1pm. Get your lazy ass out of bed." Frank replied, shaking the emo lump on the bed.

"No... Do make me participate in life today..." The red head groaned.

"I'll buy you Starbucks..." Frank bribed, laughing as his friend sat up suddenly with a look of sheer joy on his face and lunged at Frank, pulling him into a right hug.

"Oh my god. I swear I will love you forever."

"I know you will Gee, I know you will," Frank said softly, wishing for nothing more than Gee to remain true to what he'd said.

---

Gerard and Frank giggled the entire ride to Starbucks and didn't stop once they were inside. Frank glanced sideways at the boy beside him, a million thoughts racing through his head. The most prominent, however, was how this boy made him happier than he had ever been.

Gerard smiled down at Frank, realizing something of much the same nature- this short, sarcastic, asshole of a teenager, was his best friend, and made his life much more interesting, much more fun, and made him so much happier.

"So..." Frank broke the pleasant silence between the two, "what are you gonna get?"

"Probably the peppermint mocha latte. It's a personal favorite," he chuckled, "and you?"

"Oh I'm not getting anything. I just knew getting you coffee would make your day. I love it when you're happy," Frank stated with a smile before gesturing for Gerard to go towards the counter.

"You're such a cheesy shit, Iero." Gerard smirked as he waited for his drink, Frank merely nodding in agreement with a grin.

Gerard got his coffee and the pair sat in the small area outside, watching the cars go by with the occasional comment between them.

"Hey, I just thought of an amazing pick up line!" Frank exclaimed

"Well, let's hear it." Gerard replied, taking in a large gulp of coffee.

"Let's say your right leg is Halloween and your left leg is Christmas. I'd really love to visit you between the holidays..." Frank smirked, causing Gerard to burst out laughing and, in turn, snort his coffee out his nose. "Ew gross!" Frank shrieked, jumping back and giggling at the sight of his friend.

"I. Feel. Disgusting. Can you please get me some napkins or something?"

"Yep, one sec," and with that frank disappeared inside, leaving Gerard briefly alone with his dripping nose. "Here..." Frank sighed.

"Thanks..." Gerard held it to his nose for a moment before sitting up and beginning to clean the rest of the mess. He glanced at Frank, noticing the off expression upon his face. "You alright?"

"My mom sent me a weird text. She said I need to get home right away, it's important." Frank mumbled, thoughts of what could be going on racing through his mind.

"Alright, we'll let me finish cleaning the shit and we'll go see what's up." Gerard touched Frank's arm in a failing attempt at comforting him.

"Yeah... Ok..."