Chapter 14:

Kaelyn

"Good Afternoon Kaelyn." My professor Mr. Jones said as I walked into the class.

"Good Afternoon." I said back.

"Where's your boyfriend at today?" He asks. "Him and his partner in crime."

I look up to where I sit seeing Joey wasn't here. And neither was Jamal. "Not my boyfriend. But I don't know where they are." I said pulling out my phone so I could text him.

For somebody that doesn't even believe in missing class or work that's weird.

After two and a half hours class was over and I was heading towards my car.

I texted Joey a couple times with no reply.

"Lil sis!" I look up seeing Jamal walking towards me.

"Oh hey, why weren't you in class?" I ask him.

"Man I was in the gym. I'm surprised you even went to class. I thought you would have been down at the hospital."

I scrunched up my face confused, "What the hell would I be at the hospital for?"

"Something with lil Troop. Oh shit they didn't call you." He said realizing.

I felt my heart drop.

"What about Corey?" I ask before snapping. "You're telling me that I sat in a three hour class and didn't get not one fuckin phone call or text about my baby being in the hospital!"

"Damn sis, I thought one of them would have called you. I was on the phone this morning with Joey he was saying he was leaving his house to come to class. Then there was a bunch of commotion and all I heard was Corey name and trouble breathing-"

I didn't even let him finish before I was in my car speeding off.

I didn't know whether to go straight to the hospital or to Joey's house since him or Cortez weren't answering their phones.

So I decided to drive past their house first and both their cars were there.

I unlocked the front door rushing inside.

"Oh shit." Cortez said when he seen me.

Joey lifted his head from where he was about to go upstairs with Corey's cup looking stressed.

"Where's Corey? What happened? Is he okay?" I shot them question after question.

"He's fine now." Cortez answered.

"He had a asthma attack." Joey spoke up. "It wasn't as bad as it could have been since we got him there quickly. He got some medicine and has a doctors appointment tomorrow morning."

I nodded grabbing the cup from him heading to Corey's room.

"We fucked up." I heard Cortez say as I walked off.

"Hey Kae." Corey said.

"Hi baby." I said crouching down to his level where he laid on the bed kissing his forehead. "You okay now?"

He nodded.

"I was worried about you." I whispered.

"I okay." He said wiping a tear that fell from my eye.

"I love you."

"Love you." He whispered back.

I stayed with him until he fell asleep.